baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

25 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

At what point does this movie slow down. Are the same people seeing it multiples times or what? Don't understand why it's doing this well during Christmas. It's like people are forgetting about the holidays. The movie is decent, but not amazing or anything groundbreaking. It's basically ANH repackaged. Just pure hype. 

I don't know... the fact that its holding up so well into the week during Christmas week pretty much shows that its not just the hype. The critics agree. The audiences agree.

Think what you will about the movie but doesn't change the fact that its been critically acclaimed and is loved by the general movie-going audience.

You come off a bit sour... I guess seeing Jurassic World go down and the impending fall of Avatar has made you so.

3 minutes ago, syntaxerror said:

I don't know... the fact that its holding up so well into the week during Christmas week pretty much shows that its not just the hype. The critics agree. The audiences agree.

Think what you will about the movie but doesn't change the fact that its been critically acclaimed and is loved by the general movie-going audience.

You come off a bit sour... I guess seeing Jurassic World go down and the impending fall of Avatar has made you so.

Phantom Menace legs were good too & audiences liked it too a lot.

Critics were good, not as good as FA though.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Phantom Menace legs were good too & audiences liked it too a lot.

Critics were good, not as good as FA though.

Not a fair comparison though, it was still the 90's blockbusters almost always had decent legs. Even Godzilla '98 cleared 3x! And critics were lukewarm for the most part.