baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Chris Pratt's Raptor pen, arms out scene is pretty much on the same level as TA's circle shot for modern iconic scenes. Same with the Raptors running by the motorcycle and the giant water dino eating the flying one. For better or for worse, the movie is memorable. 

Exactly. The scenes are at the same level and both are iconic. Everyone knows those scenes and there are tons of memes with them in the Internet even today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Pretty much defines 2015

Messy blockbuster but wide appealing = big dollars. 

Avengers came out in the wrong year then :lol: . But I guess we had the sequel doing a huge 450M DOM so it is also here representing itself as a messy blockbuster with wide appeal.

As I said before,

JW was a wide appealing movie and more appeal to the general audience then even the likes of TA and other huge hit films.

However, it lacks a hard core fan base to remember  and talk endlessly about it like Nolanites, SW fans, Marvelites.

Sure there were memes at release, I was psyched about the Raptors running with Hero on the cycle, but 6 months latter?  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I may actually still prefer Avatar to TFA. Haven't decided yet. I know I prefer Avatar's world building and immersion to almost any other movie. 

Hell no to JW though. 

none of three 3 movies are good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

As I said before,

JW was a wide appealing movie and more appeal to the general audience then even the likes of TA and other huge hit films.

However, it lacks a hard core fan base to remember  and talk endlessly about it like Nolanites, SW fans, Marvelites.

Sure there were memes at release, I was psyched about the Raptors running with Hero on the cycle, but 6 months latter?  

6 months later they are still remembered and used in memes lots of times like the Avengers stuff. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Jw is not iconic in any way.

TA has the circle shot, Avatar has epic special effects. 

JW is very much iconic. Don't get the hate for it. 

Because it's terrible. Regardless of my feelings about it, I don't think some of you know what "iconic" really means.

• Like 4

Just now, CJ Ren said:

6 months later they are still remembered and used in memes lots of times like the Avengers stuff. 

That is your opinion, the thing is  TA had a whole universe it elevated into peoples mind so that makes it different from JW.

JW did not really set up a sequel really. 

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

As I said before,

Jurassic Park Legacy has a pretty big collection of fans who discuss it endlessly. They're there, but obviously not as large in numbers as Marvel or Star Wars fans.

• Like 2

Just now, RichWS said:

Because it's terrible. Regardless of my feelings about it, I don't think some of you know what "iconic" really means.

If those shots I and MovieMan mentioned aren't iconic then the heroes circle in Avengers isn't either.

I would say fast 7, AOU, JW and even SW7 were all messy mega blockbusters.

They were all fun to watch in different ways in the end... 

I might have to agree here. They have problems, but I love them (except Ultron, but I don't hate it either, there is tons of cool stuff in it and it is very enjoyable). 

• Like 1

Just now, RichWS said:

Well technically "iconic" just means its representative or a symbol of something. It certainly doesn't mean the same thing as "beloved." Most people know those shots from JW, they stand out in their minds immediately as soon as you mention the movie. They are iconic shots. 

• Like 2

Just now, KP1025 said:

Jurassic Park Legacy has a pretty big collection of fans who discuss it endlessly. They're there, but obviously not as large in numbers as Marvel or Star Wars fans.

Endless debates over if you can run away from a TRex in high heels I bet..

Likely have their own version of BKB and Excel Ijack with ten paragraph posts. 

the thing is  TA had a whole universe it elevated into peoples mind so that makes it different from JW.

JW did not really set up a sequel really. 

Did you watch the same movie I did? :ph34r:

And btw, I agree 100% with the part above. But that is a different discussion.