druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

12 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

What's with this secret Santa thing going on between Ed n telemuchacho, was this a bet or what? I mean, nobody's that close, right?

It's becoming a rite of winter that Ed sends me something epic (or at least emo-epic) and I send him something of questionable value. Where will this lead? I'm not sure, but it can't be good.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Haha, my English is mainly self-trained, that part of your question I didn't realize

I hate dubbing.

In felt ~ 95% of the cases they get either the voice-sound wrong (wrong casting),

too often the speaker doesn't sound like the action on screen implies (like original actor runs and speaks = sounds like it, dubbed version = sounds relaxed),

too many translation mistakes (e.g. Spacecenter Babylon 5 = the year something87 is translated something78, a continent is a spaceship... o was it a spaceship that got changed to a planet?)....

I prefer the original languag with subtitles also in the original language.

If I am not used to a slang,... it helps to get into the flow. Subtitles in German = bad, I only stare on the subtitles and miss the movie.

Did you see Scorpio? They had an strong Austrain dialect version... for a Harlem charater :lol:

No worries. It is just so weird with dubbing, I know for a fact that in some EU countries (Slovakia maybe) there were like instances where one voice actor would voice the entire cast. So he's like this vicious kidnapper one moment, and next moment he's pretending to be a scared little girl. And I saw this on their national TV. Fucking hilarious.

We have the original audio track with subs. It is distracting but you get used to it. Nowadays I watch most stuff with English subs on just cause I get paranoid if I can't hear a word or if the dialogue is mumbled as it's always potentially key plot point in my head.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

It's becoming a rite of winter that Ed sends me something epic (or at least emo-epic) and I send him something of questionable value. Where will this lead? I'm not sure, but it can't be good.

The apocalypse

:apocalypse: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

At least you'll have some nice goodies to play with once you finally retire.

Thanks for the explanation, others were just mocking me.

• Like 2

Just now, 4815162342 said:

You all underestimate the Troll Power of this forum. You all already know what is going to be #1 thanks to a cunning shadow campaign by a certain Brit.

:kitschjob: 

Spoiler

#mortdecai

4 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Emo epic? :ohmyzod:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Pretty confident TFA will take it, if not that IO.

Mad Max or GTFO :sarah: 

Just now, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Cover your eyes, Ethan.

CXMlszgWcAEKkts.jpg

Are you drunk again? :apocalypse: 

• Like 2