druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'm really feeling like anyone cares about 13 Hours? It's clearly trying to ape Lone Survivor and American Sniper, yet those movies had more striking marketing campaigns/titles (13 Hours is almost generic and vague as you can get), while those movies had A-list names like Wahlberg and Cooper while this has...John Krasinski, a "comedic" actor mostly known for TV's The Office, taking a stab at a "bearded tough guy" part.

I want to read your Concussion review. 

Also, I think the movie will do good business. The marketing campaign is good. When I say good business, I mean something like half of what The Lone Survivor did, tho. 

3 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

It is a great strip show. But it is not even a movie at all. It is just strip show. People are free to like it, tho. 

The Asian legends are true. All of them.

Reveal hidden contents

Unsure if joke about penises. :kitschjob: 

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Okay, what made MMXXL such a great movie? :apocalypse:

I mean, it is shot by Soderbergh, who is a great cinematographer with an extensive array of accolades. It is some of the best ensemble work of the year from Tatum to Mangialleno to Smith. 

It also feels fresh and new because it is so inclusive. It makes no spectacle of its gay audience and even embraces them in parts. 

Otherwise, it is uncompromising entertainment. It is just great. And I'm not the only one who thinks this-- high brow critics are giving it a ton of list mentions and attention. 

I'm writing a series of pieces about films that got tepid response that absolutely don't deserve it: MMXXL, Joy, Youth and Saint Laurent are the first four of the yer. 

And it is even entertaining for straight men. One of my butchest, cinephile, man friends has it at number five for the year, even ahead of MMFR. It is a total masterpiece. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm really feeling like anyone cares about 13 Hours? It's clearly trying to ape Lone Survivor and American Sniper, yet those movies had more striking marketing campaigns/titles (13 Hours is almost generic and vague as you can get), while those movies had A-list names like Wahlberg and Cooper while this has...John Krasinski, a "comedic" actor mostly known for TV's The Office, taking a stab at a "bearded tough guy" part.

Is that the Benhazi movie?

Just now, CJ Ren said:

:kitschjob: Dafuq? It was a joke involving the Internet myth that all of you are super smart and dedicated. 

There's a joke about Asian Men and their size...so when you said all the Asian rumors are true...

I'm being self deprecating.

Perhaps, but these war movies have a way of blowing away expectations. It's not going to do Sniper numbers but it shouldn't be slept on

When I saw Joy today, the audience was talking more about Star Wars than Joy before the movie started lol. Probably because the next three showings had already sold out by the time I arrived for Joy (a half hour before showtime)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blan Solo said:

When I saw Joy today, the audience was talking more about Star Wars than Joy before the movie started lol. Probably because the next three showings had already sold out by the time I arrived for Joy (a half hour before showtime)

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Blan Solo said:

next 3 shows sold out for which movie?  any other sell outs?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blan Solo said:

Or probably because a few moments before it started they all realized how much they wished they were seeing TFA instead of JLaw's Miracle Mop Adventure and had a major #FML moment.