baumer

Star Wars TFA Tuesday Actual: 29.5M !!! (-6%)

3 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

It's fine to have a negative opinion about any film.  Everyone is entitled to it.

But it seems to me if I hated a movie that was crushing everything in it's path, from a box office record standpoint, I would state my opinion once or twice and give credit where it's due from the box office standpoint.  I wouldn't try to continue to crash the party over and over again and be Mr. Buzzkill over and over again.   This is approaching a billion domestically.  If you say a movie that is reaching this heights is only reaching this level because of fanboy repeat viewngs (instead of mass appeal) then you are either massively out of touch-or a troll. People are going to be going crazy cheering it on as they should be to witness such a historic event.  I don't see the joy in repeating the same negative tone over and over again.  It has sore loser written all over it and it doesn't look good.  Just my opinion.

How can you hate on the BO run? Same thing I've been saying about Avatar? People need to separate the quality of the film from their own analysis of the gross which has been nothing short of a phenomenon (so far).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

I agree with your reasoning but my issue is with Gitesh and I don't remember him claiming 3.5 days for DH2, TA1, TDKR or TDK

Understood, but if he starts doing it now for every film in the future I think its reasonable.  I can't fault him for when he decides to change his standard, its okay, IMO, for an extreme situation like this to incite the change.  BUT if he's not consistent in the future then its an issue.  From this point on it shouldn't be a TFA-exclusive thing for him.  If it is, then I agree with your disapproval.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

How can you hate on the BO run? Same thing I've been saying about Avatar? People need to separate the quality of the film from their own analysis of the gross which has been nothing short of a phenomenon (so far).

True. On a lower level, the Twilight movies.  Love them or hate them, the box office was crazy good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Well, it could always pull an Avatar. HUGE BOX OFFICE GROSS....teeny pop culture impact.

Avatar's legacy may not be holding up well outside of the big screen over the past 6 years but while it was going on it had a MASSIVE pop culture effect over the 2 months it was #1. Clearly hasn't endured like some were hoping, you are right there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

TDK was a phenomenon here in the states, that's like saying episode 8 or going back ESB should be as successful as TFA and/or ANH.

?? I wasn't saying it should have been that big.  I was saying if rabid fanbases determined BO gross then it would have been a 2b grosser.  It was a joke dude, apparently it didn't come across right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

?? I wasn't saying it should have been that big.  I was saying if rabid fanbases determined BO gross then it would have been a 2b grosser.  It was a joke dude, apparently it didn't come across right.

I got it.

edit: Might've been a little too mean :P.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, vc2002 said:
MV5BMTYwOTEwNjAzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODc5
MV5BOTAzODEzNDAzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU1
Star Wars: The Force Awakens

$18,290,628
-5.8% / +13.7%
$250,419,951 / 12
$29,528,583
-5.8% / -21%
$600,949,526 / 12

CLosest drop in percentage. Well, not closest. It's practically the same -5.8%.

It's a great hold, really don't see how you can say anything else. I think there is a decent chance we see a small bump today.

11 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Avatar's legacy may not be holding up well outside of the big screen over the past 6 years but while it was going on it had a MASSIVE pop culture effect over the 2 months it was #1. Clearly hasn't endured like some were hoping, you are right there.

I think that's because Avatar on the TV doesn't pop like it did in theater, it goes from being an amazing immersive experience to a really good sci-fi action movie. 

• Like 2