CJohn

ETHAN HUNT'S BEST OF 2015 TOP 10!!! | ALSO SPAGHETTI RIPS OFF TELE ON PG. 14 (CJohn's Final Top on Page 1, Ethan Hunt on Pg. 7)

HELLO GUYS :ohmyzod:  :WHATanabe:

So you guys are asking, why is there a "The OS Edition" thing in the title, right? :qotd: 

I have never done this before. Because of the fucked up release schedule I usually never send a top 10 or vote in our awards. It makes little sense when there are still 5 or 6 movies I really wanna try to see in theaters. This year is no different with movies like Concussion, Carol, The Hateful Eight, Room and Trumbo all opening in February or March. :sarah:

So this year I decided to make a top 10 based on the Portuguese release schedule. A top 10 made from movies released here from January 1 to December 31 of 2015 (hence the OS edition thing in the title). So don't be surprised if you see 2014 movies in my list. In reality, those were released here in January or February. :kitschjob: 

Before the reveal begins, I am gonna start with 4 honorable mentions and 3 scenes/experiences that were incredible, even if the rest around them wasn't all that good. :apocalypse: 

I hope you guys enjoy this :redcapes: 

Maybe I will even surprise you all with some revelations.:ohmygod: 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CJOHN

BEST MOVIE EXPERIENCES

Experiencing Everest in IMAX 3D

The Walk - The Final 30 Minutes in IMAX 3D

Furious 7 - The Final 5 Minutes in a Sold Out Show

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Spy

Foxcatcher

Black Sea

Bridge of Spies

BEST OF 2015 - TOP 10

1. Crimson Peak

2. Mad Max: Fury Road

3. Jurassic World

4. Steve Jobs

5. Sicario

6. Whiplash

7. It Follows

8. Star Wars: The Force Awakens

9. Birdman

10. American Sniper/Kingsman: The Secret Service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETHAN HUNT

BEST OF 2015 - TOP 10

1. Pitch Perfect 2

2. Creed

3. The Martian

4. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2

5. Inside Out

6. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

7. Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

8. Cinderella

9. Avengers: Age of Ultron

10. Star Wars: The Force Awakens

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Paper Towns

Steve Jobs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPAGHETTI

1. Room

2. Inside Out

3. The Big Short

4. Carol

5. Tangerine

6. Mad Max: Fury Road

7. Magic Mike XXL

8. Brooklyn

9. Ex Machina

10. Kingsman

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

The Martian

What We Do In The Shadows

Spotlight

Best of Enemies

Slow West

Unfriended

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

• Like 10

I am gonna start with the Experiences. Stuff it was epic to see in a theater for a part of it even if the whole package was not all that good.

The first one is coming in 10 minutes :) 

• Like 2

2015 EPIC MOVIE EXPERIENCES - PART 1

Ok, so here is the first movie that I think it must be seen on the biggest screen possible to fully enjoy it:

Spoiler

EVEREST: THE IMAX 3D EXPERIENCE

everest_movie_poster_2.jpg

Everest is a good movie. But what truly makes it a must see is to see it in IMAX 3D. The visual shots of the mountain and the storm scenes are absolutely mind-blowing in the format. It was an incredible experience worth every penny. The movie itself needed better characters even if the actors do their best, most characters needed more time to be built to the audience. The only person the audience really cares about in the end is Jason Clarke as the lead in the movie. It is a shame it is like that. 

Here are some quotes from our Review Thread of the movie: 

bapi

The best 3D since Gravity and overall it's a good, good movie.

Empire

I really liked it. All the acting was good and I enjoyed how it was shot. Lots of great mountain & scenery shots. Only negatives are that the score was just alright & that for some reason I didn't get emotional at all.

The Panda Menace

The film was very well shot and it made me feel as if I were on the mountain itself.  I really enjoyed the film, the performances worked (they weren't great, with the exception of Clarke, but weren't bad) and the story was surprisingly moving.  Clarke was especially strong, he had the most emotional moments, I would have liked to see more of Gyllenhaal's character though, and I would have liked to see more development of the Texas guy so his saving could hit the emotional chords stronger.  The film just didn't hit you hard enough on the emotional moments, or create enough tension in the suspenseful moments for it to warrant an A.

Numbers

I would have liked another 10-15 minutes in the first two acts to give some more development to Beck, Fischer, Boukreev (The Russian guide working for Fischer who is the only one on the ball when the storm hits and who comes up to save a couple of the people stranded with Beck), and Krakauer.

It's a big cast and the film kinda feels thin when it tries to show what is going on with everyone but not enough time really fleshing them out.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Really wanna see that one before I do my list, not sure of I'll he able to though

It is good, but IMO, it is one of those movies that won't have half of the impact if you see it at home. 

30 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

2015 EPIC MOVIE EXPERIENCES - PART 1

Ok, so here is the first movie that I think it must be seen on the biggest screen possible to fully enjoy it:

Hide contents

EVEREST: THE IMAX 3D EXPERIENCE

everest_movie_poster_2.jpg

Everest is a good movie. But what truly makes it a must see is to see it in IMAX 3D. The visual shots of the mountain and the storm scenes are absolutely mind-blowing in the format. It was an incredible experience worth every penny. The movie itself needed better characters even if the actors do their best, most characters needed more time to be built to the audience. The only person the audience really cares about in the end is Jason Clarke as the lead in the movie. It is a shame it is like that. 

Here are some quotes from our Review Thread of the movie: 

bapi

Empire

The Panda Menace

Numbers

true-detective-season-2-teaser-screencap

• Like 3

2015 EPIC MOVIE EXPERIENCES - PART 2

The time has come for the 2nd one. It is a big one. 

Spoiler

FURIOUS 7 - THE LAST 5 MINUTES

tumblr_nmb5lkSMTn1rqv4f1o1_500.jpg

crying-waterfalls.gif

Those last 5 minutes man. What can I say? People crying and sobbing everywhere. It was the stuff legends are made of. A moment nobody will ever forget and a phenomenal tribute from the Fast team to Paul Walker. It was terrific to live this with another 370 people in a sold out show on opening night. Lets never forget as well the day Wiz Khalifa is gonna get dat Oscar: February 28, 2016. And he is gonna be super high when he gets on stage to receive it.

But lets not kid ourselves, the movie itself could be better. I have rewatched it twice after seeing it in theaters and, IMO, Fast 5 and 6 are better. The story was crap, some of the actions scenes are way too long and become boring and the movie needed more Statham.

Here are some quotes from the Review Thread of the forum:

grim22

One thing that really let me down in this movie was the villain played by Jason Statham. It looked like he was forcibly inserted into the movie just because they wanted Jason Statham in the movie. Every single action sequence is needlessly stretched thanks to Statham magically showing up at the end of the sequence. 

The plot lacked any real stakes in this movie unlike in the previous couple of movies where there was a defined plot destination. Here it just felt like the plot was created in a hurry because something needs to keep the action sequences going.  The ending is perfect though.

Blanks

Basically, the movie is the best F+F yet and certain to be the highpoint of the franchise with the tragedy of Paul Walker. This is great blockbuster making, filled with so much fun and yet emotionally ruining you. I'm glad that this past week, I decided to take the ride, and this is the best capper to my week. It's one last ride of pure, well, Fast and Furious. There's not an adjective to describe this franchise, but it was well worth it. This film itself though, gets the first A+ of the franchise for me.

Baumer

The Diesel Statham end fight was quite horrible.  Statham is a good fighter for real, Vin is not.  It really looked like Vin had no idea what he was doing in his choreographed fights.  And he really should have kicked the shit out of Diesel.

Jay Salahi

I wanted to like it, but it felt unfocused and it felt like it was trying too hard. A little to serious, while being a little to over the top. The moment that pissed me off most was when Naomi and Teji jump out the car before the missile hits and they think they audience is so stupid they go back and play it in rewind so we see them jump out. UGH

The first 45 minutes all I was thinking was DROP the fucking cars out of the plane already. It was painfully slow. No real goal or final destination, we go here, ok, then we have to go here, ok, now dubai, ok. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Did True Detective Season 2 get released in theaters anywhere?

Episode 1 for top 10 appearance. For kitschjob and Kitsch wrapped in a towel alone.

Also, kid shitting on Velcoro's son's shoes.

Unfortunately it wasn't released anywhere :(