baumer

RTH Thursday SW around 23 (celebration!!)

5 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The sad thing is that this will be the biggest thing ever domestic. Nothing can possibly overtake this after it crosses the $920+ mark. At least not for another 30 years of inflation. I hope I'm wrong and that cameron will prove me wrong, making a fantastic movie with avatar 2. 

Another long-waited, well-marketed & incredibly received SW movies could beat it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The sad thing is that this will be the biggest thing ever domestic. Nothing can possibly overtake this after it crosses the $920+ mark. At least not for another 30 years of inflation. I hope I'm wrong and that cameron will prove me wrong, making a fantastic movie with avatar 2. 

Looool get out of here, it won't be Avatar 2 either. I bet TFA goes down by 2025, & it will be from a movie no one expects. Unless the theater biz due to mobile technology goes down hill but I think JWTFA this year is proving plenty of people will go see a movie on the big screen still under the right circumstances.

Just got home from my 4th viewing! Brought my mom, brother and his family of 3. 

My mother, who has never seen any Star Wars movie until tonight, said it was great and wants to see the next one (that surprised the hell out of me). She was like, "When does the next one come out?" and I said, "Well the sequel to this comes out in May 2017, but another Star Wars movie comes out next Christmas" and she said, "Oh what's that one going to be about??".....

Even at 65, you can be a new Star Wars fan.

"Hope is not lost today. It is found" 

• Like 9

If there is one thing I've learned from following the BO, its that records you think are unbeatable or out of reach (non adjusted) seem to fall a lot quicker than expected. For a long time people thought Titanic wouldn't be beat for decades & it only took 12 years.

Edited by GiantCALBears
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

If there is one thing I've learned from follow the BO, its that records you think are unbeatable or out of reach (non adjusted) seem to fall a lot quicker than expected. For a long time people thought Titanic wouldn't be beat for decades & it only took 12 years.

Only 12 years?

That's a long-ass time.