WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

Just now, CJohn said:

I have to assume WOM was brutally bad. 

There were reports of people who had to leave the theater due to the handheld camera work making them sick (I saw it opening night and remember there some people walking out) so yeah.

I'm not going to keep on about Revolutionary Road but imho it was one of the more brilliant films of that year.  I was going through a bad marriage at that time and it struck a chord with me.  I could relate to Leo's character and the themes.  It really hit home to me.

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I've seen Titanic probably 50 times and every time it just floors me how well it's written, acted and directed.  The scene where Rose is explaining to Jack who everyone is on the ship is the epitome of brilliance.  I also love seeing Victor Newman show up...."Jack are of the Boston Dawsons?"  

Draw me like one of your French girls, Jack.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

There was so much potential in a Cloverfield sequel. I really love this movie and the mysterious surrounding it. JJ Abrams truly is a visionary. 

If a Voltron movie is ever made, they should release the first teaser making it look like a Cloverfield sequel. That will bring the "Cloverfield is actually a Voltron movie" internet speculation full circle.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

There were reports of people who had to leave the theater due to the handheld camera work making them sick (I saw it opening night and remember there some people walking out) so yeah.

That makes little sense, IMO. There are tons of movies with that type of shaky cam and WOM wasn't affected because of it. 

1 minute ago, vc2002 said:

Draw me like one of your French girls, Jack.

So, you think you're big tough men?  Can you do this?

Just now, CJohn said:

That makes little sense, IMO. There are tons of movies with that type of shaky cam and WOM wasn't affected because of it. 

Most movies don't have shaky cam for their ENTIRE running time. Thank god that movie was less than 90 minutes because even I was starting to feel a bit woozy by the end.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

If a Voltron movie is ever made, they should release the first teaser making it look like a Cloverfield sequel. That will bring the "Cloverfield is actually a Voltron movie" internet speculation full circle.

Lmao.

I was reading a bit about Cloverfield's full story (the origins of the creature and the manga that was released in that year as well) and that shit is crazy. I would have liked to see more tbh. The monster in the movie is apparently just the baby version of that species. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Most movies don't have shaky cam for their ENTIRE running time. Thank god that movie was less than 90 minutes because even I was starting to feel a bit woozy by the end.

Yeah, I saw it at the Chinese and had to get up and go find a seat towards the back. Didn't help that I hated the movie, either.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Paranormal Activity franchise? Chronicle? Project X? :unsure:

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Yeah, I saw it at the Chinese and had to get up and go find a seat towards the back. Didn't help that I hated the movie, either.

Ah, you hated it. Why am I not surprised :ph34r:

• Like 1

I'll never forget seeing the first Transformers on opening night and the entire crowd going nuts over the Cloverfield (when it was simply known as "1-18-08") trailer that was just the scene of the first monster attack with the Statue of Liberty head being thrown about.

• Like 3