WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I was in that train until I saw the TC estimate (just 2300, which is really low, and points towards Paramount dumping the movie). 

I think the total lack of starpower is what's gonna end up hurting 13 Hours more than anything, and is most likely the reason it's flying so under the radar. John Krasinski just looks out of place in a movie like this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lumos said:

Wow. So the highest grossing movie of all time will spend less weeks at #1 than Mockingly Part 2. ....did not see that coming. :o

yes also. MJ2 will finish as the lowest grossing Hunger Games movie worldwide and over 100m less than Part 1  despite finale factor and the addition of 3D. Lolz

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The Devil Inside had A+ marketing. All the scares are in the trailer though, the movie is slow as hell with maybe one scare every 20 minutes. It doesn't even follow the "found footage" rules correctly with cameras magically appearing everywhere.

The funnier part apart from the ending is that this nun featured prominently on the poster

devil-inside-movie-poster-01.jpg

appears in the movie for 1 second, just enough to give this pose.

LMFAO. She looks like she just has cataracts. I feel bad for her. 

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

When youre on your way to making 900 million domestic....does it really matter how many weeks u spend at number one?

And dont hand Revenant this weekend just yet. I think SW will take it.

We just need Rth here for good Saturday bump and 49,9% weekend drop.

8 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

Are you really gonna blame Leo for hitting TFA weekend drop ???

Now I really want Leo to win best actor. The meltdowns will be epic  :ph34r:

Meltdowns from who? I think we all want to see him win one.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lumos said:

Wow. So the highest grossing movie of all time will spend less weeks at #1 than Mockingly Part 2. ....did not see that coming. :o

Well, that kind of thing usually depends on the start of new movies anyway, not on the big movie.

When Spiderman utterly trounced the 3rd weekend record it still came in only in 2nd place, yet it would have been no.1 in 40 other weekends of the year. It just happened to run into the first weekend of Attack of the Clones.

With the kind of weekend The Revenant is having, pretty much every movie in its 4th week but Avatar wouldn't have been in first place for the weekend.

Edited by George Parr

Just now, grim22 said:

The Devil Inside had A+ marketing. All the scares are in the trailer though, the movie is slow as hell with maybe one scare every 20 minutes. It doesn't even follow the "found footage" rules correctly with cameras magically appearing everywhere.

The funnier part apart from the ending is that this nun featured prominently on the poster

devil-inside-movie-poster-01.jpg

appears in the movie for 1 second, just enough to give this pose.

Yup, the marketing team seeing the movie said "use that for a poster, it doesn't matter that it is there for only 1 second". I even remember the screenings in Churches Paramount did, the marketing was just phenomenal all around. The other poster uses a very big scene from the trailer, tho.

devil_inside.jpg

And this trailer, my God, what a fucking great trailer.

If the movie was actually decent Paramount could have had another cheap horror franchise in their hands. 

1 minute ago, Nasok said:

We just need Rth here for good Saturday bump and 49,9% weekend drop.

Its 1230pm on the east coast. RTH is either knee deep in an orgy right now somewhere in the world or hes sleeping. We wont see him for at least another 9  hours

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Meltdowns from who? I think we all want to see him win one.

Meltdown from Leo himself. ;) Although knowing how Leo is he'll probably take his frustration by finding the next supermodel he has yet to bang and escaping to his island.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

Just now, Baumer said:

Its 1230pm on the east coast. RTH is either knee deep in an orgy right now somewhere in the world or hes sleeping. We wont see him for at least another 9  hours

Yes, but if he sleeps well or girls are at least moderate, he will be in good mood in the morning and provide us some good Saturday numbers.

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Didn't they just make something like this called The EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE???? These movies all looks the same after awhile...

There is a movie called The Exorcism of Emily Rose. I never saw it, tho :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Does 13 Hours have reviews yet?  

They are gonna be crap because critics like to shit on directors like Bay and Snyder. No point in expecting any different. 

• Like 2

Yes, but if he sleeps well or girls are at least moderate, he will be in good mood in the morning and provide us some good Saturday numbers.

If its with girls hell be in a foul mood. :)

• Like 1

I believe RTH is into men. ;)

Also, The Exorcism of Emily Rose is not a found footage movie. Or even a horror film for that matter. It's a courtroom drama with supernatural elements. Its marketing was really misleading.