Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

2 minutes ago, #ED said:

Looking forward to box office numbers this weekend.

Also a couple of football games and who could forget the Royal Rumble!?

If only the entire rumble was not built around a good friend to you and me Roman Reigns.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Joking about Pitch Perfect isn't taken lightly around here :ph34r::P

I don't get it...?

I really hope THAT'S a joke. Pitch Perfect is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was PAINFUL. The only people I know who like it are my girlfriend's mom, who subjected my GF to it and she hates it as much as i do, maybe more, and her two gay friends. It's just... really painful. I cannot think of anything better to use as torture for terrorists than that movie. If you threatened to play that repeatedly until they told you everything, I doubt it would even take one screening before they spilled the beans. I would rather undergo both a lobotomy and three root canals before seeing that again. It makes other things I hate like Carol look like masterpieces. At least Carol was just incredibly boring and pointless, but it wasn't offensively painful.

The best way to put Pitch Perfect is "second-hand embarrassment." It actually makes YOU feel embarrassed to be watching it. Ugh. *shivers*

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

I don't get it...?

I really hope THAT'S a joke. Pitch Perfect is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was PAINFUL. The only people I know who like it are my girlfriend's mom, who subjected my GF to it and she hates it as much as i do, maybe more, and her two gay friends. It's just... really painful. I cannot think of anything better to use as torture for terrorists than that movie. If you threatened to play that repeatedly until they told you everything, I doubt it would even take one screening before they spilled the beans. I would rather undergo both a lobotomy and three root canals before seeing that again. It makes other things I hate like Carol look like masterpieces. At least Carol was just incredibly boring and pointless, but it wasn't offensively painful.

The best way to put Pitch Perfect is "second-hand embarrassment." It actually makes YOU feel embarrassed to be watching it. Ugh. *shivers*

The first one is whatever.

The second one is INCREDIBLE

It's amazing how whenever @JonathanLB wants to illustrate a point, he uses his girlfriend as proof.  As if she validates his opinion.  Guess what bud, I liked Pitch Perfect quite a bit, so did many others.  My girlfriend at the time loved it, my brother's wife loved it, so did my brother, so did three of my male black friends, so did two of my Indian male friends.  My dad's wife and her daughters liked it.  My 22 year old white male friend who is into gaming and sits on his computer all day, loved it.

So see how that works?  Your blanket statements that are somehow supposed to make your opinions valid, are easily countered.  

• Like 7

LOL, first of all, I love tons of movies in general from all genres. But there's no other way to put it -- Pitch Perfect is the ultimate chick flick / gay guy movie. It's a bunch of girls snapping their fingers, doing silly little dances, and singing painfully. I mean really? I'm a straight guy, I don't really see what there is for me to appreciate in that film. It's beyond awful. Awful would be like what critics are calling Dirty Grandpa. Pitch Perfect is torture. Literally $1,000 wouldn't be sufficient to make me watch it again. I don't need the money that badly and that experience was scarring enough the first time.

Then again, didn't you say you love Titanic? I mean... again. My 13-year-old sister also loved Titanic. When she was 13. It's a cheesy romance but at least it has some great production values and amazing views of the ship. It does offer something, anyway. It's still a solidly made film, even if it's pure cheese on the "story." Pitch Perfect offers no such break from the ultimate gayness of the whole thing. I don't really know what other word to use, to be honest. It's just really, really gay.

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'd never heard of the fifth wave until seeing the name in the thread title today. just watched the trailer. not gonna lie it looks stupid as fuck. also stop putting chloe moretz in stuff. she is a menace.

Huh? She's not a bad actress.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

LOL, first of all, I love tons of movies in general from all genres. But there's no other way to put it -- Pitch Perfect is the ultimate chick flick / gay guy movie. It's a bunch of girls snapping their fingers, doing silly little dances, and singing painfully. I mean really? I'm a straight guy, I don't really see what there is for me to appreciate in that film. It's beyond awful. Awful would be like what critics are calling Dirty Grandpa. Pitch Perfect is torture. Literally $1,000 wouldn't be sufficient to make me watch it again. I don't need the money that badly and that experience was scarring enough the first time.

Then again, didn't you say you love Titanic? I mean... again. My 13-year-old sister also loved Titanic. When she was 13. It's a cheesy romance but at least it has some great production values and amazing views of the ship. It does offer something, anyway. It's still a solidly made film, even if it's pure cheese on the "story." Pitch Perfect offers no such break from the ultimate gayness of the whole thing. I don't really know what other word to use, to be honest. It's just really, really gay.

I have nothing else to say.  If you think singing is something only gay men would appreciate then you're a bit of a lost cause.  I'll leave it at that.

• Like 8