Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Honestly, TFA's number is fantastic considering the storm. I don't see how it wouldn't have done at least 17m this weekend without that, I'm sure the big city shutdowns cost it a solid 2-3m. So next weekend's drop should be very light. 

Revenant, SW7 and Big Short should have sub-30% drops to make up for this week. 

Revenant could even do $14-14.5m (makes up for 49% drop this week) while Big Short might stay flat. 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

And when do you see it getting IMAX back?

Here is the schedule for 2016....where do you see it getting back into IMAX?

http://www.giantscreencinema.com/films/filmreleaseschedule.aspx

The week before Jungle Book would be a good time. Those early April ones on the schedule are Museum IMAX movies. 

If worse comes to worse, just go with my Star Wars day May 4th idea and market it as a big one day limited engagement, last chance to see TFA on IMAX, and celebrate all things SW event. Still think that is the best bet, tons of sellouts that day could happen. Star Wars Day will be big this year, they should capitalize. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Big re-expansion, back into Imaxs. Added around 11-12m to JW's total. 

There is no window for a IMAX re-expansion. Finest Hours gets IMAX next weekend for 2 weeks, Deadpool gets it for 2 weeks, Gods of Egypt for 2 weeks (maybe 1 week with London has Fallen taking over) at the same time Crouching Tiger 2 takes 70mm IMAX theaters for 2 weeks. Then there is 10 Cloverfield Lane, Allegiant for 1 week each, BvS for 3 weeks, Jungle Book for 3 weeks, Civil War, Alice, Independence Day and so on till September.

• Like 3

Looking into the 6th weekend chart, interesting to see how many of those titles had a November release, probably got a slight push via the December general holiday time?

SPECTRE: $678.2M Overseas Total / $877.4M Global Total

CREED: $41.9M Overseas Total / $150.2M Global Total

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There is no window for a IMAX re-expansion. Finest Hours gets IMAX next weekend for 2 weeks, Deadpool gets it for 2 weeks, Gods of Egypt for 2 weeks (maybe 1 week with London has Fallen taking over) at the same time Crouching Tiger 2 takes 70mm IMAX theaters for 2 weeks. Then there is 10 Cloverfield Lane, Allegiant for 1 week each, BvS for 3 weeks, Jungle Book for 3 weeks, Civil War, Alice, Independence Day and so on till September.

Is BvS contracted for 3 weeks then? 

15 minutes ago, Baumer said:

And when do you see it getting IMAX back?

Here is the schedule for 2016....where do you see it getting back into IMAX?

http://www.giantscreencinema.com/films/filmreleaseschedule.aspx

That is not even updated. Gods of Egypt, London Has Fallen and Cloverfield are also getting IMAX between February and March.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yup, according to the WB-IMAX contract from last year, all their movies get 3 weeks in IMAX. Same thing with their Disney contract. The only possible window would be if Jungle Book underperforms and Disney decide to get Star Wars back for one week before Civil War.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Ahh, I guess an English language lesson? You think it is sure he wins, did I correctly understood the difference?

Yes, but no this was no lesson. Just a joke :) (since you said somewhere you often get confused between if and when). You are much too elder to me (this is grammatically incorrect but feels more polite to me than 'older than me' which is the correct phrase) for me to give you any lessons. And I am not a native English speaker either. And I have high respect for you who self taught yourself another language and even moreso since you still kept trying even after a shitty teacher told you you were his worst student (I know it can extremely disheartening). 

P.S (and not a lesson but just as a learner to a fellow learner and since we are on the topic and since it is a simple thing to remember and can help in lots of sentences) - we do not use past tense in sentences where 'did' has already been used. So it should be 'did i correctly understand '

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lmao, you think theaters would rather put Star Wars in theaters than supporting BvS? Even if it does the same as Man of Steel (the same!!!) on his 3rd week it will still be doing above 20M.

• Like 1