Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

out of BO.com's comment of the daylies:

...the box office in general was slowed by Winter Storm Jonas hitting the East Coast. Today's NFL Conference Championship Games are also expected to negatively impact Sunday's grosses as well.

Revenent:

...is currently running 24.5 percent ahead of the $95.75 million 17-day gross of 2010's Shutter Island (which fell 42 percent in its third weekend to take in $13.23 million). The Revenant is likely to stabilize next weekend thanks in part to healthy word of mouth and the continued buzz around the film's 12 Academy Award nominations.

SW7

...is currently running 59 percent ahead of the $551.74 million 38-day take of 2009's Avatar and 44 percent ahead of the $611.23 million 38-day gross of last year's Jurassic World.

Ride Along 2

...it's below expectations and places the film 22 percent behind the $75.54 million ten-day start of Ride Along.

The Boy

opened 12 percent below the recent $12.74 million start of Focus' The Forest and was at a bit of a disadvantage as a result of arriving in the marketplace just two weeks after The Forest.

13 Hours...

was helped out this weekend by healthy word of mouth and by expanding into 528 additional locations (which included an expansion into Canada). .... 26 percent behind the $45.11 million ten-day take of 2012's Act of Valor (which fell 44.5 percent in its second weekend to gross $13.57 million).

22 minutes ago, James said:

Watching Spectre. Halfway through. It is so fuckin beautifully filmed (that Rome chase, JESUS!). Definitely among best films I've seen this year. What were people complaining about?!

I don't think it was a bad movie, but some criticism it received is deserved.

I'll add the completely unnecessary and stupid torture scene, and main villain's motivation to the list.

7 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

I don't think it was a bad movie, but some criticism it received is deserved.

I'll add the completely unnecessary and stupid torture scene, and main villain's motivation to the list.

Pretty much all the problems in the film boil down to the shitty ass villain

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrPink said:

The third act is more or less a trainwreck.

First two acts are decent. 

Q was my shit tho.

Spectre really didn't need the Blofeld reveal to be honest. The "everything is connected" was where the movie went off the tracks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Spectre really didn't need the Blofeld reveal to be honest. The "everything is connected" was where the movie went off the tracks.

Well Daniel Craig is a Stormtrooper so........ :stormtrooper:

42 minutes ago, James said:

Watching Spectre. Halfway through. It is so fuckin beautifully filmed (that Rome chase, JESUS!). Definitely among best films I've seen this year. What were people complaining about?!

It might have helped if this hadn't come out a few months prior and totally shamed it:

mi-cruise-on-plane.jpg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Completely defeats the purpose of Silva in Skyfall

It makes 0 sense tbh. Like, at least the other 2 you could see the villains had higher ups. With Silva? Not so much. 

Finished Spectre. Good movie. You people nitpick on it so much. So what if Bond and the villain were somewhat related. Big deal. Really liked it. Was the second movie I watched this evening, after MI: RN and both are in my Top 5 2015. MI is more fun, but Spectre is better made.