baumer

New Contest with big prizes (Predict Batman vs. Superman opening weekend) $5.00 entry | WINNERS ANNOUNCED

ED's contest for the Star Wars BR was pretty successful and we raised close to $200 for the site.  I'm going to run a contest similar to his but with the prize being a 6 month gold membership to the site for first and a one month gold membership for second.  With a gold membership, here are the benefits:

500 "Likes" a Day

Ad-Free Viewing

Custom Avatar

Unlimited Display Name Changes

Custom Signature

Personal Blog

Ability to send Private Chats to members in Chat Room

Access to Special Forum

Upload Images to Gallery

Add Events to Community Calender

PM Box Increased to 150

So if you win this contest, you will either receive a gold membership for 6 months or if you already have a gold membership, you will have 6 months added to your subscription. Same goes for the second place finish.

So here's the contest.  

Predict the opening weekend of Batman vs Superman.  The opening weekend is March 25th.  So this contest closes on March 23rd at 11:59pm forums time.  

Rules:  Opening weekend includes any preview numbers.

Entry fee is $5.00

This is an honour system so I'd like the fee paid up before the contest closes, that gives you almost 60 days to come up with $5.00

All predictions will posted in this thread.  

YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR PREDICTION UP TO THE DEADLINE, BUT EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST. DON'T MAKE ME GO LOOKING FOR 3 DIFFERENT POSTS.  TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR ME, I WILL BE TAKING YOUR FIRST PREDICTION I SEE, SO BE SMART AND EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST, PLEASE.

Any questions, please let me know.

Good luck! 

Here's everyone's predictions:

baumer:  182.775

IMOjammer:  153.2

The Stun:  219

Bishop54:  173.96  

Tele:  182.675

Ash Walker:  183.78

grey ghost:  165.2

boomboom234:  204

boxofficeZ:  179.3

wilECoyote:  181.2

kalo: 171.23

Blankie Cochrane:  187.368

Empire: 176.42

AndyLL: 171.666

ED:  173.23  

jayhawk:  172.3

Mr. Pink:  178.4

MrFanaticguy: 182

Kayu:  190.01

dar:  175.65

• Like 9

Here's how it all breaks down:

I will be paying for your membership for 6 months to the winner

I will be paying the membership for one month to the runner up.

All of this money that I pay out is going right to the site as if it were a donation.

Your $5.00 entry fee goes to the site as if it were a donation.

Tele is matching up to $100.00 which also goes right to the site as a donation.

This is great for the site, great for the winners and great for all of us because it gets us closer to the yearly goal, and we will only be a quarter of the way into the year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm interested. How can we pay the $5 dollars fee?

Make your prediction in this thread, and then pay $5 through either the "Donate" or "Subscribe" option. (Donations have no perks, but if you send your money through "Subscribe" you could buy a paid account for a month even if you don't win the big prize).

• Like 3

Yes, of course, there is no rush guys.  We have 2 months to get the predictions in.  I'd just like to if there is any interest.

For the record, my official OW prediction is:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Yes, of course, there is no rush guys.  We have 2 months to get the predictions in.  I'd just like to if there is any interest.

For the record, my official OW prediction is:

All the fanboys better get their predicts in now in case they're banned by the time the movie opens. :ph34r:

• Like 7

Edit, prediction #4: $153.2 million

Edit, prediction #3: $167.5 million

Edit, prediction #2: $163.5 million

Upped a bit based on Rolling Thunder's info in the Cap3 thread

Edit, prediction #1:  $157.5 million

Take Furious 7's opening and add 5-10m to Thursday, then shift Fri and Sat so that they're more equal (roughly 50m each), and a 30% drop for Sunday.  Will probably update closer to release but just wanted to put a prediction on here in case I space out and forget to later.  I did make the $5 donation, not sure how to prove that though.

(Also, overseas opening $255m)

Original post

I think a lot of people are interested but it makes sense to wait until a few days before release so that we have all the available tracking and prediction info from the various industry sites. When there's money on the line you'll see much more restraint. 

Edited by IMojammer
  • Like 5