kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates | 21.0 M KFP III | 11.44 M HAIL, CAESAR! | 7.10 M THE REVENANT | 6.89 M SW: TFA | 6.09 M THE CHOICE | 5.20 M PAPAZ | 4.7 M THE FINEST HOURS

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

At this point beating TGD is KFP3's target, legs will be nonexistent when Zootopia is out. It'll probably get 18-20M for the 4 day next weekend then sub 10M Feb 19.

It will do 25M over the next 4-day weekend, IMO.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What reason is that?

Well maybe not a reason, since the third film is making even less then the second domestically, but being released the same weekend as an R rated comedy sequels, seems to never do Dreamworks any favors.

Also these days, you need to have your sequels ready by two years or the ticket sales are gonna go down it seems, and animated movies take quite a while to do, so Kung Fu Panda was doomed in that regard as well.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Over the last 18 months, I've been slowly using They Shoot Pictures's 1,000 greatest films list. I employ a random number generator and watch whatever ranked film, be it #1 or #768. It's been a terrific way to catch old films I've never seen.

That's pretty cool. How do you find some of them to watch, though? I can't imagine they're all easily available on streaming. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Well maybe not a reason, since the third film is making even less then the second domestically, but being released the same weekend as an R rated comedy sequels, seems to never do Dreamworks any favors.

Also these days, you need to have your sequels ready by two years or the ticket sales are gonna go down it seems, and animated movies take quite a while to do, so Kung Fu Panda was doomed in that regard as well.

I wonder what this means for Ice Age 5..It comes after 4 years from IA4

3 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

Ice Age 4 did 877M WW. I think it is gonna do just fine :lol: I also think Ice Age has way more teen appeal than Kung Fu Panda. At least over here it is not even close.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Over the last 18 months, I've been slowly using They Shoot Pictures's 1,000 greatest films list. I employ a random number generator and watch whatever ranked film, be it #1 or #768. It's been a terrific way to catch old films I've never seen.

That's pretty cool. How do you find some of them to watch, though? I can't imagine they're all easily available on streaming. 

For the harder-to-find films that aren't streaming, I use Putlocker. Usually have luck. Please note I'm not advocating piracy. If a film is available to stream or rent, I do so. But if Rey's The Music Room from 1958 isn't available by those means, I'll search for it online.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Ice Age 4 did 877M WW. I think it is gonna do just fine :lol: I also think Ice Age has way more teen appeal than Kung Fu Panda. At least over here it is not even close.

Exchange rates were far more favorable to IA4 & the earlier ones, I highly doubt IA5 comes anywhere near any of the previous installments. Domestic seems to be irrelevant for that series.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

Ice Age 5 will probably barely make over 100m, around 600m to 700m worldwide. At this point Blue Sky is only making sequels because the higher-ups at Fox are demanding them.

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

OS, Ice Age is one of the most popular animated series.

DOM it pretty much always stays in the same 160-200 m range.

Easy money for Fox.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Exchange rates were far more favorable to IA4 & the earlier ones, I highly doubt IA5 comes anywhere near any of the previous installments. Domestic seems to be irrelevant for that series.

13 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Ice Age 5 will probably barely make over 100m, around 600m to 700m worldwide. At this point Blue Sky is only making sequels because the higher-ups at Fox are demanding them.

Even if this one "only" does 700M WW, we are still getting another one.