WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

^Deadpool and Spidey are like alternate world versions of each other. Both have tragic backstories that drive them, both crack horrible puns while dishing out violence, both talk too much(to themselves or the reader/viewer) and DP's costume is a bit of a take on Spidey's...but that's where the similarities end...;)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

^Deadpool and Spidey are like alternate world versions of each other. Both have tragic backstories that drive them, both crack horrible puns while dishing out violence, both talk too much(to themselves or the reader/viewer) and DP's costume is a bit of a take on Spidey's...but that's where the similarities end...;)

Joe Kelly and Ed McGuinness are easily my favorite team for a Deadpool book, and Marvel has launched a comic monthly with Spider-Man and Deadpool that is just brilliant stuff. Kelly and McGuiness are the unsung heroes that made the character the way he's today. Hopefully Marvel is taking notes from Deadpool as well, Spider-Man needs to be a pg-13 version teenager version of what the Deadpool film is, sans the fourth wall breaking. It's crazy how Deadpool got the banter SO RIGHT and Amazing Spider-Man 2 got it so wrong. And holy shit Ryan Reynolds is expressive as fuck under that mask. Spidey doesn't need the cgi eyes, but the way that you can tell that Deadpool's mouth is moving under the mask is just glorious.

7 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

Following the comics isn't a good plan. They should build from the core of what they have and go from there. DP, Colossus, and Negasonic are that core. Cable and Copycat (assuming Vanessa is developed that way) are good, sensible additions.

Following comic is what deadpool writers want. They don't want made up story-line for x force.

We all got our view on things but to me blink isn't a cold blooded murder.

The same reason why gamble turned down joining x force was because he said i maybe a theif but i'm not cold blooded kiiller.

x force is all about killing threats to mutants before they become a threat. 

That's why logan and deadpool fit x force perfectly

20 minutes ago, drakeyuuhi said:

Following comic is what deadpool writers want. They don't want made up story-line for x force.

We all got our view on things but to me blink isn't a cold blooded murder.

The same reason why gamble turned down joining x force was because he said i maybe a theif but i'm not cold blooded kiiller.

x force is all about killing threats to mutants before they become a threat. 

That's why logan and deadpool fit x force perfectly

No. It's a stupid plan because the films are not the comics. They can and should take ideas from the comics, but the two media are different, with different needs and requirements.

Iron Man 3 used some ideas from the Extremis storyline, but it was not Extremis. They changed many things. This was a good decision.

CATWS used some ideas from the Winter Soldier storyline, but it was not Winter Soldier. They changed many things. This was a good decision.

DOFP used some ideas from the Days of Future Past storyline, but it was not Days of Future Past. They changed many things. This was a good decision.

Sin City basically used the comic as a storyboard. It changed very little. This was a bad decision.

The fact that you love the X-Force comic so much that you really want to see a specific lineup on the screen does not make it a good decision for them to use that lineup. 

Edited by DamienRoc

Before Deadpool's opening: this February schedule looks dreadful. GA is loosing interest in SH movies.

After Deadpool's opening: 2016, biggest February ever. Nothing can compete against a SH movie... except a SW film.

1 hour ago, DamienRoc said:

No. It's a stupid plan because the films are not the comics. They can and should take ideas from the comics, but the two media are different, with different needs and requirements.

Iron Man 3 used some ideas from the Extremis storyline, but it was not Extremis. They changed many things. This was a good decision.

CATWS used some ideas from the Winter Soldier storyline, but it was not Winter Soldier. They changed many things. This was a good decision.

DOFP used some ideas from the Days of Future Past storyline, but it was not Days of Future Past. They changed many things. This was a good decision.

Sin City basically used the comic as a storyboard. It changed very little. This was a bad decision.

The fact that you love the X-Force comic so much that you really want to see a specific lineup on the screen does not make it a good decision for them to use that lineup. 

Agreed

Films and comics are different languages and have different audiences.

The BO & quality successes of most of the SH movies have been possible because they went beyond the comics to appeal a broader audience.

I was afraid Deadpool would make the same mistake as Sin City. Fortunately, it didn't. Hence the success.

Deadpool had the biggest OW ever for a super-hero movie here. It passed the totals of Man of Steel and First Class in 4 days. It will pass Winter Soldier and Ant-Man until Wednesday. Yes, it opened above TDKR, TDK, Avengers and Ultron.

It only stayed below the OW numbers the original Spider-Man trilogy. But those were different times.

• Like 6

Just now, CJohn said:

Deadpool had the biggest OW ever for a super-hero movie here. It passed the totals of Man of Steel and First Class in 4 days. It will pass Winter Soldier and Ant-Man until Wednesday. Yes, it opened above TDKR, TDK, Avengers and Ultron.

It only stayed below the OW numbers the original Spider-Man trilogy. But those were different times.

HOLY SHIT.

HOLY SHIT. I'm speechless. 

14 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Jesus Christ...