WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

19 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

April looks weak but March looks fucking killer

March has Zootopia and BvS, the rest of March looks awful from a box office perspective. Cloverfield, for all we remember about its marketing, was only a 80M grosser, expecting a slightly lower range for 10 Cloverfield as it's campaign didn't catch fire like the first movie. Allegiant has become the forgotten YA adaptation, I see around a 35M OW and a 80-85M finish for it. I thought initially that London has Fallen would do really well, but the studio seems to have decided against putting any effort into actually marketing the movie, Olympus was heavily marketed in the leadup to release.

In terms of box office, there's only two big films in March, and one in April. Though Jungle Book will be bigger than both BvS and Zootopia, imo.

In terms of the films, I'm interested in:

(March)

London has Fallen

Knight of Cups

The Wave

Grimsby

Midnight Special

(April)

Miles Ahead

Demolition

The Jungle Book

A Hologram for the King

Ratchet & Clank

Elvis & Nixon

So I guess they're about even. No idea what will be good or bad though. I'm looking forward to Elvis & Nixon very much. Michael Shannon as Elvis sounds hilarious.

Edited by Total Treecall

14 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Well, I guess we just have to agree to disagree.  I thought it was well paced and I laughed all the way through.

Reveal hidden contents

Ah, didn't stay for the post credits scene.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Very true.....but that's kinda like saying that if you took Star Wars and Daddy's Home out of December 2015, it'd look crappy too. When you eliminate the #1 domestic contender for a year and an animated movie that might do over 200, of course it'll be pretty meh.

Quality wise, I sorta agree, but the casts+high concepts of Midnight Special and Cloverfield got me buzzing. 

Star Wars gross is big enough to carry the month. If all the March films flop or have mediocre performances then two films only save it if they put up gigantic numbers.

So here's the thing, if this does breakout in a huge way (like in the way it's looking to currently), does this steal some of Batman V Supermans hype in the same way Furious 7 stole some hype from Avengers: AOU? Or is there enough time between these movies for this to be pretty much on the back burner by the time that rolls out in theaters?

Remember Furious 7s box office performance was completely unexpected too. People thought it would open big...but nowhere near that big.

Edited by somebody85

Just now, Telemachos said:

WAT

Yep, #1 film of the year. It's my bonkers prediction for the year. MARK IT.

Just now, somebody85 said:

So here's the thing, if this does breakout in a huge way (like in the way it's looking to currently), does this steal some of Batman V Supermans hype in the same way Furious 7 stole some hype from Avenger: AOU? Or is there enough time between these movies for this to be pretty much on the back burner by the time that rolls out in theaters?

Remember Furious 7s box office performance was completely unexpected too.

Umm. What do you mean by Furious 7 "stealing hype" from Age of Ultron? :lol:

Just because Ultron performed below some of our expectations (okay, all our expectations) doesn't mean Furious 7 had stolen people's excitement for it. Ya know they were a month apart, right? F7 made 6.6M on Avengers OW...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

So here's the thing, if this does breakout in a huge way (like in the way it's looking to currently), does this steal some of Batman V Supermans hype in the same way Furious 7 stole some hype from Avengers: AOU? Or is there enough time between these movies for this to be pretty much on the back burner by the time that rolls out in theaters?

Remember Furious 7s box office performance was completely unexpected too. People thought it would open big...but nowhere near that big.

We discussed this earlier, still no.

Also, this is the first I've heard about F7 having an effect on AOU.

Just now, Total Treecall said:

Yep, #1 film of the year. It's my bonkers prediction for the year. MARK IT.

Umm. What do you mean by Furious 7 "stealing hype" from Age of Ultron? :lol:

Just because Ultron performed below some of our expectations (okay, all our expectations) doesn't mean Furious 7 had stolen people's excitement for it. Ya know they were a month apart, right? F7 made 6.6M on Avengers OW...

I gave you the like for the 2nd part of this post, not the first. I just want to make that clear :lol: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

In terms of box office, there's only two big films in March, and one in April. Though Jungle Book will be bigger than both BvS and Zootopia, imo.

In terms of the films, I'm interested in:

(March)

London has Fallen

Knight of Cups

The Wave

Grimsby

Midnight Special

(April)

Miles Ahead

Demolition

The Jungle Book

A Hologram for the King

Ratchet & Clank

Elvis & Nixon

So I guess they're about even. No idea what will be good or bad though. I'm looking forward to Elvis & Nixon very much. Michael Shannon as Elvis sounds hilarious.

So I'll just say...lower your expectations on Knight Of Cups....like a lot because I would recommend that movie to no one.

And if you are going for Natalie Portman, you are going to be disappointed.

Just now, CJohn said:

I gave you the like for the 2nd part of this post, not the first. I just want to make that clear :lol: 

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Jungle Book over The Force Awakens.

• Like 2

Yikes, I don't know how someone can say they thought Zealander 2 was hilarious. It was really, really bad. I mean I almost walked out bad. I never do that with movies but now that I have Movie Pass I frankly won't feel bad just leaving if I don't like something. This time, I figured oh well, I will stay, I liked the first so whatever. But it never got any better. It was just incredibly shitty throughout. The highlight was the very first scene, basically, and it never got any better than that. 

The audience laughed more during the trailers (which were also horrible, so no idea what they were laughing about; Neighbors 2 looks so horrid), then during the movie there was scattered laughter here and there, but a lot of flat-out duds where the entire auditorium was silent after a joke. It was... awkward. 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Pretty much, any chance of a big breakout (Over 260) is pretty slim IMO.

The 2nd trailer got a pretty weak reaction online. It seemed like most ignored it. View count isn't high on Youtube. Yeah, I am thinking 60/200 or something like that.