WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: (Page 18): Deadpool 31.5M | Gods 14M | KFP 9M | Risen 7M | Eddie 6.3M | Triple 9 6.1M | Spectre 16k (lol)

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They'll just go back to their roots of making genre pics. They still have success on the specialty front.

I doubt that. 

But a return to SAW is inevitable.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Will be very interesting to see how Allegiant does, no 3D, social media is trailing previous installments and they have stopped even trying to appeal outside the base.

Is it still split into two installments, or has Lionsgate wisend up and kept it as one movie?

Edited by sfran43

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They are releasing Peter Berg's oil spoil movie with Wahlberg that opens in September (surprised that's not a Universal release) among other movies so I imagine yes.

So they are releasing movies nobody cares about? I see.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Will be very interesting to see how Allegiant does, no 3D, social media is trailing previous installments and they have stopped even trying to appeal outside the base.

With some luck, it does Scorch Trials numbers. Personally I am thinking it sinks lower than that (a run similar to the one of Ender's Game is what I am expecting right now). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Looks like Sony is gonna let Spectre die.... -52% from Thursday to Friday and only a 5k gross

I doubt that. If they let this one in theaters for 2 or 3 more weekends....i really don't see why they would close this early.

I mean, it's not like Sony are being stupid to just leave it there before the finish line.

Some other movies from last year has been in theaters in over 20 weeks.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Insurgent made a profit and it did 300M WW. Nothing dead about that.

Allegiant is fucked, tho.

How many bombs have they had in the last 2-3 years? Their movies don't open over the 12-13M mark unless they belong to Hunger Games or Divergent. They also abandoned the horror genre. 

I don't get this, when we go to Box Office, we can see that the budget for Insurgent including marketing is $155m, by the logical, isn't it supposed to have made $310m WW to give some profits? Yeah, it received some cents from VOD, but it is far from being a success

19 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Looks like Sony is gonna let Spectre die.... -52% from Thursday to Friday and only a 5k gross

I knew Spectre didn't have enough gas in the tank.

It's already on DVD and the daily gross was moving at a snail's pace.

Increasing theaters was never going to work.

• Like 1

They could stop tracking Spectre now and then BOM will quietly update it a month or two later with a new total just over $200m. I've seen them do it with a lot of Universal releases, although those just stop tracking while in 100+ theaters. 

Or they could wait until Grimsby and then fudge it just enough.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This is unprecedented. First movie ever to finish between 199-200M in history.

Yup, it was bound to happen, Sony thought it wouldn't need a push, and when they realized it would need it, it was too late.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

They could stop tracking Spectre now and then BOM will quietly update it a month or two later with a new total just over $200m. I've seen them do it with a lot of Universal releases, although those just stop tracking while in 100+ theaters. 

Or they could wait until Grimsby and then fudge it just enough.

That is the most likely scenario. SPECTRE increases by 100k randomly on Grimsby OW to cross the 200M mark. It is within a margin of error for Sony to push it over.

• Like 3