Mockingjay Raphael

WEEKEND THREAD | B.O numbers Page 28: Final Divergent movie opens at $29m, Zoo: $38m

10 hours ago, Baumer said:

Don't you guys think that dystopian YA fatigue is setting in more than any kind of fatigue towards any one particular actor or actress?  I mean Jlaw is kind of in a class by herself and she is obviously a draw but we have been bombarded with so many cloned films about dystopian futures with kids battling blah blah blah.  I mean, I can't tell you what the hell happened in Maze Runner, Divergent, any Hunger Games sequel or any other YA film.  They're all the same in some ways.  It's a tired theme and it's just time to move on from that, imo.

But that's what always happens, don't? Studios suck everything they can while the trend is hot and fresh, and, then, once that the public is tired, they move to the next trend, it happened with the YA fantasy trend that started with HP, with the Vampire trend that started with Twilight, and, now, it's happening again, the thing is that only the movies that started the trend will be remembered in some years, HP/Twilight/THG, the rest will be forgotten faster than the public forgot Avengers: Age of Ultron

Studios just need to find a new trend, and the YA genre will be hot again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Who are you and what you did with the John from Portugal? $100m OD or they can cancel the whole DC universe

It probably won't even do 80M OD :kitschjob:

As some others have pointed out, YA burned out quick because all the movies have a similar look, feel and theme: good looking teens live in a dystopia future and have to rebel to free society. The costumes, sets, and actors usually look interchangeable.

You might as well have a single franchise with Divergent/Maze Runner/Hunger Games where they all blend in together and the quality drops as the series progresses.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

As some others have pointed out, YA burned out quick because all the movies have a similar look, feel and theme: good looking teens live in a dystopia future and have to rebel to free society. The costumes, sets, and actors usually look interchangeable.

You might as well have a single franchise with Divergent/Maze Runner/Hunger Games where they all blend in together and the quality drops as the series progresses.

Wrong! CF improved from the first movie, and MJ2 improved from MJ1

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It probably won't even do 80M OD :kitschjob:

Shut up! I can't wait to see Marvel being humiliated next week, I'm a HUGE Marvel fan, but I can't handle two humiliations in a row, first, A2 being destroyed by F7 last year, now, CW being killed by BVS, I'm definitely leaving the fandom once that CW ends being a disappointment  https://i.imgur.com/

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Shut up! I can't wait to see Marvel being humiliated next week, I'm a HUGE Marvel fan, but I can't handle two humiliations in a row, first, A2 being destroyed by F7 last year, now, CW being killed by BVS, I'm definitely leaving the fandom once that CW ends being a disappointment  https://i.imgur.com/

Age of Ultron was destroyed by Furious 7? :wacko:

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

*sigh* it really bothers me when people put the hunger games on the same pedestal as all the other YA stuff. The Hunger Games created all of the current YA trends

No child, that was Harry Potter.

• Like 7