Mockingjay Raphael

WEEKEND THREAD | B.O numbers Page 28: Final Divergent movie opens at $29m, Zoo: $38m

With Insurgent holds:

11.9M Friday

11.1M Saturday

6.4M Sunday

29.4M Weekend

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Not bad, but doesn't seem like it's going to pick up much of a mainstream audience

This is a big factor which could make it have a 10%+ drop today.

6 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Have you seen the Twilight films? I thought my world was ending while they played before my very eyes. 

I've saw the first one and the last two.

Last one is total shit but didn't think the other two were too bad

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

I dont believe that Allegiant will open 10 mln less than Zootopia after this friday's results where Allegiant got 2M more

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

Zootopia will likely have an 80%+ increase today whereas Allegiant is going to decrease.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

I dont believe that Allegiant will open 10 mln less than Zootopia after this friday's results where Allegiant got 2M more

Allegiant will be extremely front loaded so it's going to decrease throughout the weekend where as Zootopia has shown increases every weekend it's been out aka it's not front loaded. 

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

With Insurgent holds:

11.9M Friday

11.1M Saturday

6.4M Sunday

29.4M Weekend

This is a big factor which could make it have a 10%+ drop today.

Does the possibility exist for Allegiant to have weaker holds than Insurgent today and tomorrow?

As for Zootopia making "only" 9.63 million versus 9.55 for Friday Allegiant, those discounted tickets for Zootopia obviously drove attendance there higher than Friday's Allegiant number.  It's still going to be a very impressive weekend for Zootopia no matter what the end result will be, if  it is short of $40 million.

Edited by Outrageous!

1 minute ago, Outrageous! said:

Does the possibility exist for Allegiant to have even weaker holds than Insurgent today and tomorrow?

As for Zootopia making "only" 9.63 million versus 9.55 for Friday Allegiant, those discounted tickets for Zootopia obviously drove attendance there higher than Friday's Allegiant number.  It's still going to be a very impressive weekend for Zootopia no matter what the end result will be.

Oh definitely, Insurgent holds are the best case scenario. The movie really only appeals to diehard fans as most people are done caring about the series.

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

No.... will be doing good to get 50% it's spring break Saturday will be muted.

True

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

(That said Zootopia is better :ph34r: )

Wrong.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

How long until the final movie gets removed from the schedule? Cause it ain't happening.

Probably in a couple of months when Lionsgate does some schedule shuffling.