Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

1 hour ago, POTUS 2020 said:

Too early to tell.  300k PS with 13k shows.

It should get over 1m quickly. We should have an Idea by Friday nite.

Probably best to compare to WW.at some point

It will surpass WW easily IMO.

Edited by LeoC

13 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Better compare to the last three superhero movies: AM2, Venom and AQM. They all broke solo record, can CM continue the trend? (before Endgame destroys everything)

If a remember the buzz for CM is the bigger of MCU behind IW / EG, but i’m expecting around $ 150M.

Venom / AQM was both so huge i don’t think it can get closer.

30 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

100-125M is the range for CM. No way for this movie to pass Aquaman or Venom 

100 - 125M is the standard for MCU

Buzz for CM is much higher than usual for MCU movies, i think $ 150M is the goal here. But yeah this isn’t touching Venom / Aquaman

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Premium George said:

I mean you can be right but you said the same thing for Aquaman.

Aquaman and Venom were more outliers than the norm. Norm so far in China has been that most SH movies end up in the 95-125m range and only team up movies do more. So a prediction in that range wouldnt be lowballing it but playing it very safe. 

We’ll have to wait and see how CM and perhaps SM:FFH does. If these 2 movies break out of the 120m barrier then we can say that Chinese market for SH has grown. 

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Aquaman and Venom were more outliers than the norm. Norm so far in China has been that most SH movies end up in the 95-125m range and only team up movies do more. So a prediction in that range wouldnt be lowballing it but playing it very safe. 

We’ll have to wait and see how CM and perhaps SM:FFH does. If these 2 movies break out of the 120m barrier then we can say that Chinese market for SH has grown. 

I know that but you too remember fabio's pessimism in homecoming and infinity war thread. He is too sure of his predictions.