CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

38 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Completely different. Zack is not Bay. Zack tries making deep films without any humour. Bay makes fims fun filled for immature people like myself, thats why they do well. He's also better at relating his films to the general public than Zack his, and his action is better. 

My sarcasm was directed at the generalization of dudalb's post/statement. I am not interested in joining a Snyder vs. Bay crusade.

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hahaha! These kind of posts make my eyes roll.

It reminds me of the BUT THE THEATERS ARE EMPTY IN CANADA posts he was making during the JW OW.

• Like 7

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Why so...

The film will make money but the quality of the movie will reduce potential grosses in the end.

The "I know 10 people who aren't seeing it because of reviews" part.

I find it hilarious. They obviously weren't too interested to start with, otherwise they'd make their own minds up.

Only if they're grown ups, of course.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It reminds me of the BUT THE THEATERS ARE EMPTY IN CANADA posts he was making during the JW OW.

No your making stuff up that I did not say...

JW was a huge opener but the movie did  not open above TA in Canada according to RTH.

That is fact your just just making up lies.

Edited by Lordmandeep

14 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Well, if you really want to see the film, you'll see it. If you were on the fence, you might not want to now.

This is partially correct.  However, this has a slightly different dynamic than most movies because of the size of the audience.  We are looking at a tremendous opening weekend which means a LOT of people will see the movie.  Back in the day I had no interest in Transformers.  I thought it would be stupid to take a kids cartoon and make it into a live action movie.  The critical reviews were also nothing to be proud of.  However, word of mouth was pretty good around me and I kept hearing on how it was the number one movie at the box office so I took a chance.  I actually enjoyed the movie and I'm glad I went to see it in the theater.  Plus, the bigger the box office, the more people see it and can spread word of mouth.

Now granted, Transformers was not as dark as this movie is supposed to be and more of a popcorn flick but the bottom line is that if your friends and people you know say they like a movie, most people will elevate those opinions above the reviews of people they don't really know or relate to.

So I just talked to my friend who is a manager for a theater in the area I live and the company told them to add some more show times for Thursday night previews and Friday OD but to hold off on Saturday and Sunday until they see how the audience likes it. Which is dumb because this exactly what they did with Deadpool and the theater got overwhelmed Saturday/Sunday. So is this like a common practice or something? I mean I could see it being done for a movie like Deadpool but this is BvS.  

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

The hot topic of discussion in the spoiler thread.

The Dark Knight:Fun vs Not-Fun.

Where do you stand?

It's time to take sides.

If only the problem was "fun". The film is fun, not on purpose, but still. 

9 minutes ago, KGator said:

This is partially correct.  However, this has a slightly different dynamic than most movies because of the size of the audience.  We are looking at a tremendous opening weekend which means a LOT of people will see the movie.  Back in the day I had no interest in Transformers.  I thought it would be stupid to take a kids cartoon and make it into a live action movie.  The critical reviews were also nothing to be proud of.  However, word of mouth was pretty good around me and I kept hearing on how it was the number one movie at the box office so I took a chance.  I actually enjoyed the movie and I'm glad I went to see it in the theater.  Plus, the bigger the box office, the more people see it and can spread word of mouth.

Now granted, Transformers was not as dark as this movie is supposed to be and more of a popcorn flick but the bottom line is that if your friends and people you know say they like a movie, most people will elevate those opinions above the reviews of people they don't really know or relate to.

Yes but Word of Mouth can be negative too and have the opposite affect of what you're saying. No one knows what the word of mouth for this movie is going to be until it actually comes out. 

12 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

What's disturbing is how some people are so weak that they need to be told by other people if said thing is good or bad, no mind of their own, I can't understand that.

So your saying people who base consumer choices on customer feedback are weak minded? 

• Like 1