WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

That doesn't mean you should actively wish for the movie you don't like to fail, and revel in that, that's the big problem I have. Many of you (and Chewy, it's not JUST about box office here) are actively rooting for it to fail, why would you do that? You don't like a film, cool, make it known, move on, you're not going to obsessively follow its receipts and hope it does terribly just to satisfy yourself and somehow feel it legitimizes your opinion.

• Like 1

I'm just throwing it out there but I thought it was clear that personal attacks on users wouldn't be tolerated and yet I see one user continue calling people trolls who've done nothing but express their opinion on the movie and discuss the numbers. 

22 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It's a big drop, but the fact is, no other film has ever been placed under so much scrutiny, the truth is, many people are enjoying all of this, just look at this thread, I cannot understand this behavior, it's sickening.

Chill out, it's just a movie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Well, since Friday underperformed my already-modest projection, time to recalculate my time series forecast.

Saturday - $19.4 milliion
Sunday - $11.5 million

Second Weekend Total - $46.2 million

With a drop like that weekend 3 could be under Zootopia's 6th.

Just now, TimmyRiggins said:

That doesn't mean you should actively wish for the movie you don't like to fail, and revel in that, that's the big problem I have. Many of you (and Chewy, it's not JUST about box office here) are actively rooting for it to fail, why would you do that? You don't like a film, cool, make it known, move on, you're not going to obsessively follow its receipts and hope it does terribly just to satisfy yourself and somehow feel it legitimizes your opinion.

You need to learn which posts to read and which to skip over :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Also DH2's true OW was 125m. BVS's true OW is 138m. So removing previews it's falling harder and doing so, like you mentioned, without summer weekdays (DH2 did 14m more Mon-Thu; 57m vs 43m)

And DH2 faced Captain America, a $65 mil opener, in week 2.  This has zero competition and is still falling like a rock.

• Like 2

I loved BVS, but we're talking about numbers. 

Final domestic grosses: 350 million  ( based on my numbers from the previous post ). Anything higher than 350, is a plus. :P

Final overseas grosses; A bit tricky, because BVS seems to be not holding well in China and Europe BUT it seems to be holding better in Latin America: So far, it has made 354 million overseas. I think 550-600 million should be the target.

So, a final box office of 950 million might be possible. I said might be possible. Overseas numbers might be better.

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I just think it's more fun to watch a movie drop like a rock then perform average numbers.  And it being a Snyder movie doesn't hurt either.  It's like playing Limbo with the Box Office, how low can you go.

2 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Rooting for this movie to do poorly = rooting for WB to make changes to the creative team so we can get better movies in the future. Because we all know the only thing that speaks to studios is money, so if that's the only way to get them to pull their heads out of the sand, then yeah, that's what we have to root for. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It's a big drop, but the fact is, no other film has ever been placed under so much scrutiny, the truth is, many people are enjoying all of this, just look at this thread, I cannot understand this behavior, it's sickening.

...lol

tumblr_mb17cvvPdX1qbh0eio1_500.gif

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

It's hard not to enjoy it and besides, this movie was placed on such a pedestal to knock MARVEL down a notch and it's failing miserably.. Why honestly does this bother you or anyone else so much?? If you enjoyed it, then that's all that matters and to be fair and balanced like FOX News, we'll do the same thing for CIVIL WAR should it underperform like this..

Half of my fun here is seeing bad numbers. I even got a few laughs in when my favorite director's movie underperformed last May. (That whole Twitter backlash was bullshit though)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

@Chewy: well, that would be a lot to skip over :D 

You can just put them on ignore and the posts won't show up.

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Eow, Guardians of the Galaxy may do better domestically than a movie featuring Batman and Superman.

Actual insanity.

Deservingly too.  Guardians of the Galaxy was awesome and its legs showed it.  BvS was a mopefest and its legs are showing it.

• Like 1

Wow $15m, that makes for a $50m weekend (optimistically) which would be about a 70% drop. which pretty much exactly what I thought it would do. so much for that huge disparity between critics and fans.

2 minutes ago, The Panda Knight said:

I just think it's more fun to watch a movie drop like a rock then perform average numbers.  And it being a Snyder movie doesn't hurt either.  It's like playing Limbo with the Box Office, how low can you go.

Limbo? I played that! Didn't go too well.

NSFW(?):

Spoiler

tumblr_n7jf5cj3bo1ree46so1_500.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

And Walking Dead. People keep forgetting it's one of the highest rated shows on TV and the finale is going to be huge.

We will be unprepared.

giphy.gif

tumblr_o4m57e9MLq1rqg6w8o4_500.gif

• Like 5