K1stpierre

Weekend actuals BVS 51.34M, Zootopia 19.33M, MBFGW 11.22M, MFH 7.26M, GND2 7.62M

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

It won't continue to see 65% drops until the theater drops become massive. Relax.

Of course it won't. I'm talking about bigger drops after bigger releases, balancing out the 65%. 1.85 is nine circles of hell scenario, but I'm not see it going above $20m from that, i.e. under 2.05. 

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Of course it won't. I'm talking about bigger drops after bigger releases, balancing out the 65%. 1.85 is nine circles of hell scenario, but I'm not see it going above $20m from that, i.e. under 2.05. 

It's going to end up with almost the same exact multiplier as Hulk '03. Nothing more, nothing less.

11 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

If the drops keep going at the same rate, that's where my projection headed, if you take in consideration Jungle Book, Huntsman and Captain America: Civil War, it could get as ugly as that. Unlikely, yes. Impossible? No.  

And maybe the world ends in a few hours and BvS finish with $260m.Unlikely?yes,Impossible?No.

• Like 1

Here's my updated model results based on BvS's weekend actuals, along with percentage drops. I'm only doing day-by-day for the rest of the week, then I'll just do a week at a time.

Week 2: $63.6 million (-64.9% sans Thursday previews), cume $273 million
---Monday: $3.39 million (-75.8%)
---Tuesday: $3.62 million (+6.77%)
---Wednesday: $2.65 million (-26.9%)
---Thursday: $2.58 million (-2.39%)
Week 3: $29.2 million (-54.1%), cume $302 million
Week 4: $13.2 million (-54.9%), cume $315 million
Week 5: $4.6 million (-65.1%), cume $320 million
Week 6: $1.45 million (-68.4%), cume $321 million
Week 7 (weekend only): $103 thousand (-91.6% from prev weekend), cume $321.1 million

That comes out to a 1.93 multiplier. Like last time, there's a point after which my model implodes into negative grosses, meaning in this case that I only have valid estimates through day 45 (hence week 7 being weekend only).

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's going to end up with almost the same exact multiplier as Hulk '03. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hulk '03 has a 2.127484233463526 multiplier. For that to happen, BvS would end it's domestic run at $353.178.013.

At the rate it's going I'd go on the record of saying it's literally impossible. This film will break Hulk '03 record of worst multiplier, with two hands on its back.

Edit: What I mean with Hulk '03 record it's the superhero record for worst multiplier. I'd say that Watchmen isn't a superhero film, but a scenario like @johnboy3434 just said would place it behind Watchmen's 1,947135665894295 multiplier, what I see as completely feasible at this point. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

16 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Here's my updated model results based on BvS's weekend actuals, along with percentage drops. I'm only doing day-by-day for the next week, then I'll just do a week at a time.

Week 2: $63.6 million (-64.9% sans Thursday previews), cume $273 million
---Monday: $3.39 million (-75.8%)
---Tuesday: $3.62 million (+6.77%)
---Wednesday: $2.65 million (-26.9%)
---Thursday: $2.58 million (-2.39%)
Week 3: $29.2 million (-54.1%), cume $302 million
-Weekend: $23.6 million (-54%)
---Friday: $6.86 million (+165%)
---Saturday: $10.5 million (+53.2%)
---Sunday: $6.27 million (-40.3%)
Week 4: $13.2 million (-54.9%), cume $315 million
Week 5: $4.6 million (-65.1%), cume $320 million
Week 6: $1.45 million (-68.4%), cume $321 million
Week 7 (weekend only): $103 thousand (-91.6% from prev weekend), cume $321.1 million

That comes out to a 1.93 multiplier. Like last time, there's a point after which my model implodes into negative grosses, meaning in this case that I only have valid estimates through day 45 (hence week 7 being weekend only).

That's worse than Godzilla 2014's fat think stubby legs.

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

http://batman-on-film.bmobilized.com/?task=get&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.batman-on-film.com%2FBvS_opinion_DCEU-WB-changes-yes-not-panic_4-2-16.html

Brutal analysis by Jett from Batman On Film regarding the overall situation of the box office.

Why do I get the feeling I better take dramamine before reading this.

Spinning wheel got to go round.

I was hoping Zootopia will stay in 20M but hey still great hold!

I wish KFP3 did better than 140M but still solid for a January release

Oh The Little Prince opened in the US finally, too bad Paramount didn't have that much faith on it

It was posted in threads last week, but this Deadline article is still the best in terms of projecting profitability for BVS. You can adjust the numbers down slightly if you want to, but you'll still have a sense of what WB will take home after all's said and done.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-opening-weekend-box-office-records-1201726300/

25 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It was posted in threads last week, but this Deadline article is still the best in terms of projecting profitability for BVS. You can adjust the numbers down slightly if you want to, but you'll still have a sense of what WB will take home after all's said and done.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-opening-weekend-box-office-records-1201726300/

Critic smack down cost BvS at least $100  million for this movie 

Edited by hasanahmad

Just now, narniadis said:

I see @iJackSparrow and @SWXII haven't changed a bit...

thanks @e1828 for the charts  - always great to see them show up!

I don't think it's up to you to keep calling me out or indirectly mentioning me when I get suspended out of a rant that many resonated with, here and outside these boards. I think I'm giving you cold hard prediction on numbers, and since I literally nailed where this thing is going, if you're not willing to give me some credit for that, some respect for it would be well overdue.

We are part of a box office board here, I don't really care what your habits here are, and I think this calling out members without a good reason and simply lumping them together in a silly "haters" and "fanboys" stigma completely unfair and uncalled for. So stick to the numbers, lay off the comments on my comportment here. We have mods to take care of that. Actually, picking on other members is one of the specific rules on the "poison the well" if maybe you're not remembering them correctly.