jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

Are you saying that this film, who has seen terrible drops across the globe in it's second week, is all of a sudden going reverse that trend? 

Some movies do age like wine.

Not this movie, of course. It's going to age like warm milk left in the sun.

• Like 3

Just now, cannastop said:

I think $700 million was a pretty big deal in 1994. Nice round number for The Lion King to pass.

We're in 2016, a time where China helps films get to $1B...this isn't 1994. 

3 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Are you saying that this film, who has seen terrible drops across the globe in it's second week, is all of a sudden going reverse that trend? 

As one critic made very clear, it will take time (and hopefully a fully developed directors cut) for people to understand and warm to this new trajectory for well known characters. I already believe the foreign numbers are reflecting that. The USA will take longer as we tend to be more suspicious of change. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SWXII said:

As one critic made very clear, it will take time (and hopefully a fully developed directors cut) for people to understand and warm to this new trajectory for well known characters. I already believe the foreign numbers are reflecting that. The USA will take longer as we tend to be more suspicious of change. 

You're either the best WB plant or the most delusional BvS fanboy...lol

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Please show me where the foreign numbers are reflecting this, and please don't point to Monday's OS number either because it was inflated due to a Chinese holiday. 

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Well, not just 1994, but any time up to about 2006, really. Nice mark to reach.

Sure it's a nice mark but for a film that should have cruised to $1B bragging about reaching a number under that sure points to desperation on the part of WB. 

Just now, Bishop54 said:

Please show me where the foreign numbers are reflecting this, and please don't point to Monday's OS number either because it was inflated due to a Chinese holiday. 

Been watching BO for as long as BOM has been around nearly. For such a major new reimagining of such well known characters to be performing this well overseas tells me they understand and appreciate it. So many said this was tanking in China but now you cite those numbers as a positive. Once it has finished this run the numbers will speak for themselves. Not as an end of a run. Rather the launching of a new, highly successful IP.

The DCEU.

1 minute ago, SWXII said:

Been watching BO for as long as BOM has been around nearly. For such a major new reimagining of such well known characters to be performing this well overseas tells me they understand and appreciate it. So many said this was tanking in China but now you cite those numbers as a positive. Once it has finished this run the numbers will speak for themselves. Not as an end of a run. Rather the launching of a new, highly successful IP.

The DCEU.

Please don't put words in my mouth, every film gets a nice bump on that Chinese holiday. I don't think you've been following it close enough all these years, 70% drops isn't what studios are looking for and they certainly don't point to people embracing a film either. This film is a disappointment, plain and simple...just admit it. 

I know its nice to have someone like swxii defending bvs through and through

But when all hes talking about how ppl dont get the movie in box office thread it become tiresome

Ps almost same case with ijack but lately ijacks post mixed with some box office analysis that swxii lacks

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Some movies do age like wine.

Not this movie, of course. It's going to age like warm milk left in the sun.

Remember this post a year from now. Second thought, you won't need to as I will be sure to remind you.

2 minutes ago, brownies said:

I know its nice to have someone like swxii defending bvs through and through

But when all hes talking about how ppl dont get the movie in box office thread it become tiresome

Ps almost same case with ijack but lately ijacks post mixed with some box office analysis that swxii lacks

If anybody thought this would perform like an established Marvel film right out of the gate they were deluding themselves. It is too radical a change.

It is doing just fine all things considered. 

As will the DC extended universe. Just needs patience with perseverance.

• Like 1