jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

The theatrical release of Kingdom of Heaven was just linear and dull so it wasn't very surprising that the 45 minute extended cut made it much better.  BvS is a clusterfuck thats all over the place so I don't really see how an extended cut could fix it.

• Like 4

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, department store basement said:

I haven't seen the extended cut of Almost Famous but I've heard it's much better than the original. From huge fans of the original.

Almost Famous began as a good movie though.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

The discussions in this thread remind me so much of the MJ2 discussions last November.

"It's killing its competition, but it's still a HUGE disappointment!"

MJ2 did have a disappointing run though. Luckily for HG, it was the final entry in the franchise rather than the big event that was supposed to open up a whole cinematic universe.

Moderation:

Jesus, guys, you'd think this was grade school, with all the mocking of other posters going on. How about sticking to the numbers here?

This thread -- and these forums -- are open to everyone, whether they hated BVS or loved it. Embrace the diversity.

The numbers are what the numbers are: large in almost every way, yet nonetheless disappointing for what was expected to be one of WB's truly giant movies. Instead, it has to settle for being merely big.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

A better question is when did it stop being a milestone?

About 10 years ago. 

Weve already got two others that gone over 700m this year alone. One of which will pass 800m really soon. 

Another which was based on a C list CB character in a hard R action comedy with a 60m budget. Without China! Lol

1 minute ago, junkshop36 said:

About 10 years ago. 

Weve already got two others that gone over 700m this year alone. One of which will pass 800m really soon. 

Another which was based on a C list CB character in a hard R action comedy with a 60m budget. Without China! Lol

I honestly did want an answer.

I first got into obsessing over box office figures in 2005, and $700 million was pretty damn big back then.

Also, this:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/zootopia-800-million-worldwide-box-office-1201746114/

Edited by cannastop

6 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Tele this second weekend & Monday wasn't large, not to nitpick but let's be real here. Expectations before the movie were/are a real thing lol.

Sure, in the context of our expectations, both before the OW and after. And of course BVS is having a disappointing BO run, much like TASM, actually. But in terms of just the sheer numbers, 800m is still a lot of money. (And 50m for a second weekend is a lot of money too... it's just not enough when you're expected to be an absolutely huge tentpole).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

In the history of the forums, has there ever been a time when the entire forum was happy that a big movie disappointed? Or has there always been flamewars?

Depends: Did anyone stand up to fight for the honor of Transylmania? Creature? Delgo? How about Oogieloves?

EDIT: Crap, just saw the word "big" in your post.

Edited by johnboy3434

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

In the history of the forums, has there ever been a time when the entire forum was happy that a big movie disappointed? Or has there always been flamewars?

I think we've collectively hated something in the last five years that I'm here. Can't remember what though.

Oh, wait, I think that's Fant4stic.