jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

$80m more OS after its $11.2m international Monday yesterday? Seems low. 

China Monday  3.26m

China Tuesday 0.86m

Edited by abra
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, syntaxerror said:

This will make north of 850 but nothing more.

The film will profit after home video and merchandising, but the box office returns are not enough to bring it our of the red.

In all fairness, most hit movies fit into this description.

But....

This needed to be more.

18 minutes ago, kowhite said:

860, 900, whatever.

This should've been a billion in the bag.  Snyder you done fucked up.

If you knew about this kind  of stuff, would you have heard something about Warner stopping Snyder from burning money in London next week?

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought about asking you something and you thought  about answering before I did. And I didn't like it. 

In more hopeful news, I've been trying some digging and came out with nothing. I wouldn't take that ANYTHING is starting shooting at Leavesden next Monday. And if I'm correct, we'll have silence instead of press releases. A whimp, instead of a bang.

Edited by iJackSparrow

10 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

If you knew about this kind  of stuff, would you have heard something about Warner stopping Snyder from burning money in London next week?

If I knew about that stuff, yes I would.

I don't.

4 minutes ago, kowhite said:

If I knew about that stuff, yes I would.

I don't.

I'm pretty good at digging and all I'm getting is silent static, not enough to guarantee that it won't happen, but I think that the silence is odd. Momoa and Fischer are in London, Gadot is filming Wonder Woman there, Ezra Miller I think it's there too, but I don't know. Something seems fishy.

7 minutes ago, wileECoyote said:

Yes.  So we can start a new thread and do this all over again.

:ph34r:

The daily drill :

1. Make fun of numbers

2. Fire Snyder and delay JL

3. O/U GotG/SM3

4. Comparisons with Marvel

5. Mod Warning

6. Make fun of numbers

7. O/U ZOOTP

8. Fire Snyder and delay JL

9. O/U 900m

10. Wait for RTH

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

I'm pretty good at digging and all I'm getting is silent static, not enough to guarantee that it won't happen, but I think that the silence is odd. Momoa and Fischer are in London, Gadot is filming Wonder Woman there, Ezra Miller I think it's there too, but I don't know. Something seems fishy.

As far as I concerned...

Fishy is good.

And I don't mean Aquaman.

• Like 1

Yeah they will definitely need home video to get into the black, which is kind of a bummer. 

That's insane Deadline was saying TFA made by their estimate, what, like $920M profit in theaters alone? That's disgusting! Haha good god. Especially for a franchise that could reasonably pump out movies that break even at the box office and still be worth an absolute fortune. There's just SO much merchandising that Star Wars doesn't even need to make a profit in theaters to continue forever. The movies can just be loss-leaders to sell merchandise :P Not to say that'd be a good thing, but it wouldn't kill the franchise.

I saw some BVS merchandise at Best Buy today but it was pushed aside into a corner with all of the Star Wars displays front and center, not just TFA on Blu-ray, but a bunch of other stuff. I bought a BB-8 Xbox One controller. 

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

Yeah they will definitely need home video to get into the black, which is kind of a bummer. 

That's insane Deadline was saying TFA made by their estimate, what, like $920M profit in theaters alone? That's disgusting! Haha good god. Especially for a franchise that could reasonably pump out movies that break even at the box office and still be worth an absolute fortune. There's just SO much merchandising that Star Wars doesn't even need to make a profit in theaters to continue forever. The movies can just be loss-leaders to sell merchandise :P Not to say that'd be a good thing, but it wouldn't kill the franchise.

I saw some BVS merchandise at Best Buy today but it was pushed aside into a corner with all of the Star Wars displays front and center, not just TFA on Blu-ray, but a bunch of other stuff. I bought a BB-8 Xbox One controller. 

Ok not to derail...but Deadline's numbers are bullshit.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not saying I have done any research into what I think of Deadline's numbers. To me, that sounds high, to be honest. But it helps TFA that it made a larger portion of its total from the domestic box office. They weren't keeping 50% of the box office take for TFA stateside, no way, much more like 60%. That helps the profit margin be much larger.