kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

2 minutes ago, bapi said:

If they're not crazy they can't expect more than 500-550M WW incl. China.

I agree but I wasn't only talking about its BO. They sorta need it to be a crowd pleaser, really. A very good critic and GA reception will be the minimum they'll be wanting out of it now I think.

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Well I guess that's the reason SUPERMAN RETURNS crawled to 200 M. lol The GA might have expected Tom Welling as Supes.

Tbf that was before Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, The Big Bang Theory... There's much bigger interest in nerd stuff now.

• Like 2

Just now, Arlborn said:

I agree but I wasn't only talking about its BO. They sorta need it to be a crowd pleaser, really. A very good critic and GA reception will be the minimum they'll be wanting out of it now I think.

Well, Wondie should be a sweet fun retro romance. If they make it dark and serious it'll fail.

1 minute ago, bapi said:

Tbf that was before Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, The Big Bang Theory... There's much bigger interest in nerd stuff now.

I don't know. I don't consider myself a comic geek. I just love these movies and I don't really get confused if the actors are different. Are some members of the GA really like that? Sorry, I am not from America so I really don't know this kind of perception among audiences.

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I don't know. I don't consider myself a comic geek. I just love these movies and I don't really get confused if the actors are different. Are some members of the GA really like that? Sorry, I am not from America so I really don't know this kind of perception among audiences.

I have no idea. But even in my little country both Arrow and The Flash are very popular between teens (at least that's what one of my cousins told me) but a lot of them had absolutely no interest in BvS.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bapi said:

Well, Wondie should be a sweet fun retro romance. If they make it dark and serious it'll fail.

Gadot has said it'll have "moments of humor, but it’s pretty dark". I think a dark WW film could work, but I've no idea if Patty Jenkins can pull it off. Monster was excellent, but the script she will work with may not be great.

1 minute ago, Gamb1993 said:

Gadot has said it'll have "moments of humor, but it’s pretty dark". I think a dark WW film could work, but I've no idea if Patty Jenkins can pull it off. Monster was excellent, but the script she will work with may not be great.

Warners' press release didn't even say who actually wrote Wonder Woman. LOL.

This is from last April: "In the early going, some in Hollywood are questioning whether Warners has acted too much in haste without having fleshed out the world on which so much hinges. Grumbling among talent reps came especially in response to the studio's strategy of hiring five writers to compete for a job on Wonder Woman, which has a June 2017 release date. On Aquaman, set for 2018, sources say Warners commissioned scripts from three writers, one of whom followed the studio's direction only to be told the rules governing the universe had changed and his work no longer was usable. Another writer has been on hold for the film for months as the studio works to define its vision. "They just haven't been thorough about their whole world and how each character fits and how to get the most out of each writer's time by giving them direction," says a rep with knowledge of the process. "Obviously, Marvel's very good at that.""

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

What early screening reactions of Tarzan? The only reaction I've seen is from @kowhite and he said it was just fine.

Is your profile picture Tony Romo after he realizes he's never winning a Super Bowl? 

38 minutes ago, bapi said:

BvS won't even beat American Sniper DOM. :rofl:

and it beat ALL MArvel movies as well except Avengers and IM3. Now why are you not saying anything about that huh ?

37 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I can't believe people are still trying to spin BvS as anything but a disappointment for WB. This was supposed to be their Avengers, instead it's their IM2 but with worst legs.

332237d1423251659t-really-brah-2011269.j

so much fail in this. JL is their Avengers. Its gonna be more lighter in tone and more for general audience and it will have more repeat views because its a more "fun" and lighter movie.

24 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Nobody cares about Aquaman or Cyborg. As for Flash, well...I think the TV show has already spoiled the well there. You look at Gustin and then Ezra and just have to chuckle a bit at Snyder's ability to fuck up everything.

This ia pathetic so you speak for everyone now. Wow how nice. This is only your own opinion. Nothing more

21 minutes ago, Focus said:

The fact that solo Batman flicks made 1bil each and WB poured so much money into advertising means they had to expect BvS to hit 1bil WW. I'm not even saying Avengers numbers. Just 1bil+ WW.

Good point. Not like Flash, Aquaman, or Cyborg are box office draws on the level of Bats, Supes, and WW.

Another fail. Batman Begins say hello with its 200 million domestic and 374 WW. Even a fool would know TDK was fueled by Ledgers death more than it iwas a sewuel to BB. Its the same with F7 with Paul Walker it only made that much because it was a farewell to Walker. And TDKR was becaue it was the last movie of the NOLAN trilogy

13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I heard all the characters of JL will suffer from self scarring and auto mutilation because they are tortured souls and they can't deal with the fact they are superheroes, it s just to horrible to bear.

this is a joke right :P

5 minutes ago, bapi said:

This is from last April: "In the early going, some in Hollywood are questioning whether Warners has acted too much in haste without having fleshed out the world on which so much hinges. Grumbling among talent reps came especially in response to the studio's strategy of hiring five writers to compete for a job on Wonder Woman, which has a June 2017 release date. On Aquaman, set for 2018, sources say Warners commissioned scripts from three writers, one of whom followed the studio's direction only to be told the rules governing the universe had changed and his work no longer was usable. Another writer has been on hold for the film for months as the studio works to define its vision. "They just haven't been thorough about their whole world and how each character fits and how to get the most out of each writer's time by giving them direction," says a rep with knowledge of the process. "Obviously, Marvel's very good at that.""

What a sound strategy, it really shows a focused attitude to this whole Universe. Thank God they got the guy who wrote an Ice Age film and Pan.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bapi said:

dead2.gif

• Like 1