CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

Okay, guys, here's the whole un-varnished story.

CJohn was never banned. We've actually never banned anyone for the (rare) case of posting fake numbers. The closest we came before was when Noctis did a really good job of impersonating Rth -- the outcome from that is that Rth has his own special verified account so no one can ever do it again.

We decided to goof off and have some fun chasing an imaginary "second account" from CJohn, and yes, the upcoming CIVIL WAR inspired us to take sides as mods. If it got to be too much for anyone, we apologize. We were making sure any numbers that got announced were promptly updated in the thread title so that people could stay abreast of that even amidst the nonsense.

None of this was planned from start to finish. It was basically an improv all the way through.

We're going to put the remnants of the trainwreck in a thread in the Speakeasy if anyone who wasn't around wants to see what happened.

In the meantime, JUNGLE BOOK is looking strong today.

jxbews.jpg

• Like 22

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

CJohn was never banned. We've actually never banned anyone for the (rare) case of posting fake numbers. The closest we came before was when Noctis did a really good job of impersonating Rth -- the outcome from that is that Rth has his own special verified account so no one can ever do it again.

We decided to goof off and have some fun chasing an imaginary "second account" from CJohn, and yes, the upcoming CIVIL WAR inspired us to take sides as mods. If it got to be too much for anyone, we apologize. We were making sure any numbers that got announced were promptly updated in the thread title so that people could stay abreast of that even amidst the nonsense.

None of this was planned from start to finish. It was basically an improv all the way through.

We're going to put the remnants of the trainwreck in a thread in the Speakeasy if anyone who wasn't around wants to see what happened.

jxbews.jpg

A poorly done improve. Sorry, but discussing things like that in public, even jokingly, just looks extremely unprofessional.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

jxbews.jpg

Beware the ides of April.

Fun fact: when I came back from dinner the first thing I read in our Whats App chat was "I have announced CJohn was banned and moved him to our suspension list in the Real World thread".

My reaction was "WTF :sadben: "

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

jxbews.jpg

It was all so beautiful.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

jxbews.jpg

Sure bamboozled me. 

0mKXcg1.gif?noredirect

• Like 5

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

A poorly done improve. Sorry, but discussing things like that in public, even jokingly, just looks extremely unprofessional.

I could say none of us are professionals -- that would imply we actually get paid for any of this. But instead, I'll just say, fair enough.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Fun fact: when I came back from dinner the first thing I read in our Whats App chat was "I have announced CJohn was banned and moved him to our suspension list in the Real World thread".

My reaction was "WTF :sadben: "

We have a Whatsapp chat???

• Community Manager
Just now, Telemachos said:

I could say none of us are professionals -- that would imply we actually get paid for any of this. But instead, I'll just say, fair enough.

That and it'll never happen again. That much is for sure.

• Like 1