John Marston

Wednesday numbers - Cap 3- 8.9m

Ratchet's gone from my area, so is Boss. Barbershop and BvS are all but gone.

It's the least # of movies here there's been with frequent showtimes in a while - the 2 new releases, CW, Keanu, MD, Huntsman, TJB, and Zoo.

Of note, there's still a theater near me playing Purple Rain. There must be huge demand for that one.

Edited by department store basement

8 hours ago, John Marston said:

also, apparently it is falling hard in China. So maybe even 800m might not necessarily be locked. 

oh wow. even though it's putting huge numbers, coming below 806 of im3 will be something. cause in china alone it's gonna be up ~75m over IM3 (if it does ~195m).

Edited by a2knet

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

oh wow. even though it's putting huge numbers, coming below 806 of im3 will be something. cause in china alone it's gonna be up ~75m over IM3 (if it does ~195m).

hmm, not that I think about it can it really fall below IM3 overseas if it makes that much more in China. 

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

hmm, not that I think about it can it really fall below IM3 overseas if it makes that much more in China. 

i don't know how much lead it has over im3 in other markets. did open below it in australia if am not wrong but that's just one market. how much impact x-men will have will matter. on one hand dofp did 500m+ os but on other hand no wolverine.

thinking 435-440/810-815/1.245-1.255b

10 hours ago, phoeeeel said:

I wonder how much damage will the high quality leak do to the box office. Some of my friends were talking about it over lunch.  Gifs and movie clips are everywhere. 

Apparently an even better version hit today at 1080 and is the top torrent today.

I'm wondering how it's effecting it too because that last copy was damn good.

9 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Shouldn't do any damage. It's usually said that people who pirate weren't going to pay to see it anyway.

Yeah it shouldn't for initial viewings. Rewatches is a different story...

And a lot of comments on KA were about just that. Like "Thank you, I was planning on going to rewatch this but couldn't get friends together. Now I can just watch it from home."

This is really unusual to see this early. Cams happen but not like in screener quality. I would be surprised if it's not effecting it in some way (even if small).

Edited by somebody85

44 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I have 0 fucking respect for anyone that's too cheap to pry the fucking wallet out of their pocket and see this movie the way it was meant to be seen instead of this Piracy bullshit... I'll say this much: I hope I catch someone doing this when I'm at the movies cause I will rat their ass out and have them arrested..

The source usually comes from overseas. It's been Asia lately and it doesn't look like it's a cam. That's why it got so much attention.

Not sure how they did it. I think its a rip off the actual film reel, someone didn't sit in the theater.

37 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I wonder how much effect the new copy has on the performance of the old copy.

Not much, the first version is still being seeded more but this one is also up there. Overall the release was seen by a ton of people.

New version has 7,000 people, First has 16,400 (with 809 comments all giving it high marks).

One of many: "My grandpa loves superhero movies as much as i do, but can't go to the theater right now because of some health stuff. Brought this over and watched it with him. Blew his mind. Thank you so much!"

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, just providing the actual data lol

Edited by somebody85

55 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah it shouldn't for initial viewings. Rewatches is a different story...

And a lot of comments on KA were about just that. Like "Thank you, I was planning on going to rewatch this but couldn't get friends together. Now I can just watch it from home."

This is really unusual to see this early. Cams happen but not like in screener quality. I would be surprised if it's not effecting it in some way (even if small).

Agree that this is very unusual, both the quality and right after the opening weekend. I haven't seen any decent quality GIF of BVS yet. This will definitly hurt repeat viewing, but not sure by how much. The impact on China's box office will be pretty big too. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, phoeeeel said:

Agree that this is very unusual, both the quality and right after the opening weekend. I haven't seen any decent quality GIF of BVS yet. This will definitly hurt repeat viewing, but not sure by how much. The impact on China's box office will be pretty big too. 

BvS had a decent quality version hit about 2 weeks ago. You can see some of the GIFs in the Wonder Woman thread. The difference there though is there was a watermark in the bottom right hand corner for a lot of it and a lot more subtitles.

When it first released, a really low quality cam was all that was available. Nothing like the quality of Civil War.

The Civil War copy has very little subtitles and was released the Sunday night of the US release. I saw a lot of comments mentioning rewatches so I think it has to in some form but hopefully not too much.

The new one that's the current top download actually has worse colors then the original from screens. 

Edited by somebody85

3 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I have 0 fucking respect for anyone that's too cheap to pry the fucking wallet out of their pocket and see this movie the way it was meant to be seen instead of this Piracy bullshit... I'll say this much: I hope I catch someone doing this when I'm at the movies cause I will rat their ass out and have them arrested..

Does the MPAA reward people who catch in-screening pirates? Here you get £1000 and the cinema gets £500 too.

Edited by Treetrunk Special

4 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Does the MPAA reward people who catch in-screening pirates? Here you get £1000 and the cinema gets £500 too.

From the Studio or the MPAA? in my country you only get scolded and taken out of the movie theatre.

3 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

If I pirated this movie, and you tried ratting me out, I'd knock you to the floor, finish my pirating whilst you lay unconscious then as the credits role, remove the film and leave the camera in your hands, rat you out and get a nice reward to go with my civil war copy.

Edited by Jessie