WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

One thing that annoys me here is the snowball effect, it's literally two posters who are using the piracy argument in BKB & No Prisoners yet we spent 15 pages beating the same joke to death. Come on guys. It's crazy to me how easily some of you are derailed by a couple of knuckleheads. 

We've killed so many horses we don't even know what to do at this point

• Like 3

In addition, there may not be fatigue as some of you want to describe it but we are hitting a saturation level to these MCU films. Infinity Wars is destined to fall well short of TA. Can't wait for more crazy predictions to shoot down over the next couple of years.

43 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well you don't like MARVEL, so there's that.. You wouldn't admit it even if you knew it was true and it is.. CIVIL WAR is one of the best movies made, IN MY OPINION and not just superhero movie, but whatever helps you to sleep better at night in thinking it's not.. The Russo's hammered this one home and how anyone can deny that is absurd..

fify

I think it was fun but not anything truly remarkable. Marvel has a formula and this movie followed it to the letter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

BKB is a supposedly grown man Tele's age with the rationale of someone younger than his son. If anyone here takes anything he says seriously, I feel bad for you.

This was pretty much the crux of the recent back and forth with Ethan

2q49ZM.gif

• Like 2

I was watching the Schmoes Know Box Office Breakdown videos on Youtube and these guys have literally no idea about box office trends or how movies behave over the weekend. How are they running a podcast dedicated to box office numbers? 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I was watching the Schmoes Know Box Office Breakdown videos on Youtube and these guys have literally no idea about box office trends or how movies behave over the weekend. How are they running a podcast dedicated to box office numbers? 

There is a market for it? Clearly people are interested in how films do at the BO, the media brings it up quite often (way more than TV ratings etc).

50 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is dropping in the same level as Ultron and Iron Man 3 yet people are surprised lol. 

IM3 and ultron were not as well reviewed or as good WOM. It was holding better at first. Now it sliding faster. Both Im3 and AoU were 3.66x Friday on their second weekend.  CA3 will fall short as Saturday fails to bump as much with more people downloading and staying at home. 

To disagree is one thing, to not get it is another, but to laugh as something when the stats are presented is sheer foolishness. 

98% of people that tried day trading failed. I succeeded 20 years. Used to train people. They failed because they didn't get it, when as counterintuitive as it was, yet fully explained, and facts pointed out, they would still have the audacity to argue with successful traders while they're losing their ass..  I'm tired of explaining shit to people.  

It will fall short of 70m this weekend as the dailies deteriorate.. Laugh as you wish. Have fun at work Monday. Haha.  I'm retired from due to my analytical ability.  I'll be taking a ride to mount everest on monday. Next month paris. After that, I'll throw a dart. You'll still be at work. Haha.

Cheers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

IM3 and ultron were not as well reviewed or as good WOM. It was holding better at first. Now it sliding faster. Both Im3 and AoU were 3.66x Friday on their second weekend.  CA3 will fall short as Saturday fails to bump as much with more people downloading and staying at home. 

To disagree is one thing, to not get it is another, but to laugh as something when the stats are presented is sheer foolishness. 

98% of people that tried day trading failed. I succeeded 20 years. Used to train people. They failed because they didn't get it, when as counterintuitive as it was, yet fully explained, and facts pointed out, they would still have the audacity to argue with successful traders while they're losing their ass..  I'm tired of explaining shit to people.  

It will fall short of 70m this weekend as the dailies deteriorate.. Laugh as you wish. Have fun at work Monday. Haha.  I'm retired from due to my analytical ability.  I'll be taking a ride to mount everest on monday. Next month paris. After that, I'll throw a dart. You'll still be at work. Haha.

Cheers

@DAR I am gonna use this if you don't mind.

WO3NM9.gif

• Like 3

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

There is a market for it? Clearly people are interested in how films do at the BO, the media brings it up quite often (way more than TV ratings etc).

I get starting a podcast because there is a market for it, but these guys have not even bothered to do the least bit of research about how movies perform on different times of the year and in different markets. One guy claimed that his data shows Civil War could do 500M in China alone, he must have been on the good stuff.

• Like 8