WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

11 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Have fun at work Monday. Haha.  I'm retired from due to my analytical ability.  I'll be taking a ride to mount everest on monday. Next month paris. After that, I'll throw a dart. You'll still be at work. Haha.

Cheers

Yes, and we have no justifiable reason to doubt this stereotypical "rich and famous" brag. Seriously, Everest and Paris? If you had said K2 and Madrid, I'd have been more likely to believe you. I'd be surprised if you even knew what a day-trader was, what with your infomercial-style pitch regarding your amazing abilities.

When did this trend of releasing tent poles early overseas start anyways?  If Disney or other studios didn't want their movies pirated so early, why not release it a week later than a week earlier?  Almost all of these bootlegs primarily come from Asia and Russia.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well you don't like MARVEL, so there's that.. You wouldn't admit it even if you knew it was true and it is.. CIVIL WAR is one of the best movies made and not just superhero movie, but whatever helps you to sleep better at night in thinking it's not.. The Russo's hammered this one home and how anyone can deny that is absurd..

Youre entitled to your opinion. As am I and everyone else who says its got a boring as fuck first hour. And its far from the best superhero film ever made. Its in the middle somewhere.

• Like 6

Just now, Jim Shorts said:

When did this trend of releasing tent poles early overseas start anyways?  If Disney or other studios didn't want their movies pirated so early, why not release it a week later than a week earlier?  Almost all of these bootlegs primarily come from Asia and Russia.  

Dude, it started all the way back with Iron Man 2 lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

We have all been there, I guess. I used to think Batman Forever was the best movie ever made. But then I grew up... That a 50-year-old man thinks Civil War is one of the best films ever produced is a slap in the face of cinema, and a bit sad to be honest.

See I don't quite agree.  As a fan of cinema you like what you like.  One man's Civil War is another's Au Hasard Balthzar.

Except Ethan liking Bee Movie.  Like seriously Ethan, the fuck dude?

• Like 4

Two factors I think: 

1. Civil War is the most dense film yet of the MCU that requires the most knowledge of the previous films. Less spectacle, more character/story than an Avengers movie means a random newbie to the franchise isn't going to get as much out of it as even a far worse film like Age of Ultron which is just fun that anyone can get into or an Iron Man 3. 

2. Lot of superheroes this year. Not as much excitement when one comes out cause it feels like we're getting another one every month.

• Like 1