WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

In a nutshell, Civil War numbers are cool, but far away from being impressive. Predictions ( from both fanboys and sources ) were insanely high, reviews were kind. So, what happened? I'm not asking in a bad way, I'm curious. 

Diminishing returns are only natural when Marvel keeps reusing the same formula.

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

The only reasons I could envision why Civil War's performance just hasn't been up to par are that people got tired of SH movies after Deadpool and BVS came out so soon (and BVS, which shared a very similar concept, wasn't good, on top of that), Ultron disinterested some in another Avengers-type smackdown, and that our expectations were WAY too high for a film that, despite featuring and promoting pretty much all of the Avengers, was still called "Captain America" (and globally, that may have had a bigger than expected impact).

But we still live in a world where a Captain America (by title) movie grossed over $1B dollars WW. It'll outperform Winter Soldier DOM by about 130M. That's great. Just not... great enough to make us forget that Iron Man, Spider-Man and all of those people in the same film weren't enough for this to outperform Iron Man by himself (IM3).

I think in retrospect this also tells us how inflated IM3 was coming off of The Avengers.. usually movies' performances are more influence by the last entry in the series than the actual quality of the movie itself. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

The Jungle Book (2016) has now made $327M DOM.....almost there. Just $1M left to beat BvS. :)

Who would have thought TJB would beat BvS before this year? This year is full of surprises.

Again, I did. face with stuck-out tongue

• Like 1

Just now, moviesRus said:

They said Angry Birds was the #1 movie WW this weekend and it make $94m. 

90M wouldn't be bad either, since China and South Korea are two of the countries left, but...

2 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

where are the numbers for Apocalypse? haven't heard a single thing in the past 5 days....

Reports from several countries point towards openings quite below Days of Future Past.