WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

Wow, even for my small expectations, Keanu is quite a disappointment. Bound to become a cult movie. Though nowhere near as much as Nice Guys.

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

Civil War is such a disappointment :rolleyes:

Box-office wise?

Well, maybe to the Marvel-die hards who expected higher......but generally, i think it's still very huge for what it is. And it's a $1B-grosser. Nothing to be ashamed of.

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Box-office wise?

Well, maybe to the Marvel-die hards who expected higher......but generally, i think it's still very huge for what it is. And it's a $1B-grosser. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Underwhelming maybe, but due to our own expectations. Any movie doing over $1 billion WW is really not a disappointment in any sense. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah....i agree. The high $1.1B WW for Captain America 3, won't be anything disappointing.

It's still a huge hit and it's still a $1B+WW-grosser. And as said before......not every new Marvel-film has to break records every time.

And you got a point....there's no need for the Marvelatics to freak out. Accept that the MCU-movies are and will still be box-office hits. 

Nothing like the DCEU when it gets to it's 13th film however.

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Box-office wise?

It's made a ton of money, but honestly everyone expected more, not just Marvel diehards. Look at the tracking, look at all the predictions. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Box-office wise?

It is huge and nothing to be ashamed of that's kind of the point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

I guess star power still means something these days (however little). Nice Guys couldn't even open to Money Monster OW and got a lower cinemascore. Like wtf really.

Clooney and Roberts, while removed from their primes, are still bigger than Crowe (who hasn't been a consistent draw in years) and Gosling (who has never really been a draw at all) have ever been.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Underwhelming maybe, but due to our own expectations. Any movie doing over $1 billion WW is really not a disappointment in any sense. 

True. I agree. There's never a movie that made over $1B WW......that has disappointed, box-office wise. They have done killer-business.

And WW-wise...CA3 is likely to end up over other movies like ROTK, TF3, TF4, Skyfall & Minions.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Lmao. Great Summer coming up.

Alice 2 will drop 50%+ next weekend as well from the OW of the first. Expecting a ~65M 3 day OW for Apocalypse.

• Like 2