WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

Just now, kayumanggi said:

Well, he isn't my favorite. lol

I love Cap but admittedly that type of character is a harder sell to the GA, hence why WB is failing so spectacularly with Superman. They like Iron Man, Batman, Deadpool type characters more. The fact that he's as popular as he is now is a big step up from how he was viewed circa First Avenger/The Avengers when he was literally no one's favorite. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lobo007 said:

and there are usually theaters not that far away for most people.  and fast food restaurants galore, for people that don't want to eat in the theater (or sneak food or drink into the theater).  also most theaters have unlimited popcorn and soda refills, so you only have to really buy one popcorn bucket for the family.

Compute everything. How much will it cost a family of four?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moviesRus said:

I love Cap but admittedly that type of character is a harder sell to the GA, hence why WB is failing so spectacularly with Superman. They like Iron Man, Batman, Deadpool type characters more. The fact that he's as popular as he is now is a big step up from how he was viewed circa First Avenger/The Avengers when he was literally no one's favorite. 

I agree. THOR is actually my favorite. Unfortunately, his most recent solo film was a big joke.

2 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

I love Cap but admittedly that type of character is a harder sell to the GA, hence why WB is failing so spectacularly with Superman. They like Iron Man, Batman, Deadpool type characters more. 

I don't really buy this at all. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

$40 on average for tickets, and just as much for a popcorn and Coke at concessions for each person. That's an $80 trip right there.

• Like 1

As a parent of a soon-to-be 21-month-old, it really hasn't been that difficult getting out to the movies (or at least not as bad as I feared it would be before he was born- thank god for reliable babysitters/family). But the issue (apart from limited movie money these days) is that there isn't much to get excited for, and going to the movies isn't an obligation.

Perhaps your priorities have changed. You get more excited about how your child grows than from "casual" movie(?)

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I had 3 kids & yes money was a factor - it really adds up with the drinks & food - even when we snuck in our own they still wanted theater food!

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I don't really buy this at all. 

Really?

I agree with him tbh. I think characters like Batman, Deadpool, Iron Man, Magneto and Wolverine are far more popular with the GA. All my friends love those characters and nobody cares about Superman, Captain America or Professor X, for example. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Reminds me of the year with Sex and the City 2 and Prince of Persia :sadben: 

Apocalypse isn't going to underperform that much.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

$40 on average for tickets, and just as much for a popcorn and Coke at concessions for each person. That's an $80 trip right there.

And to spend such money every month? Not a great idea. lol

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Since you are physically incapable of going 2 hours without a trough of food... I assume you are obese?

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Really?

I agree with him tbh. I think characters like Batman, Deadpool, Iron Man and Wolverine are far more popular with the GA. All my friends love those characters and nobody cares about Superman, Captain America or Cyclops, for example. 

LOL I mean Cyclops was never given much of a chance. 

Even in stuff like Star Wars, Han Solo is a more popular character than Luke Skywalker. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel like we're going to be hearing this all summer long.

Yeah, Star Wars made everyone have insane expectations. Pretty much every year that has movies like Force Awakens, Jurassic World, Ultron and F7. The next year is kind of a bust. 

• Like 1

Just now, moviesRus said:

LOL I mean Cyclops was never given much of a chance. 

Even in stuff like Star Wars, Han Solo is a more popular character than Luke Skywalker. 

Harry Potter