CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

Is it really that international markets are turning on this film because they are all racist demons who hate black people? Or is it that they just aren't interested in remakes anymore and this is just one too many?

Just read the audience “reviews” online in every country and you’ll get your answer

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Deathlife said:

No way Disney does Pocahontas...LOLOLOL.

WHich is why Disney is praying that Snow White is a huge hit. They are running out of the really sucessful  "Second Golden Age" animated films to to reamke, and the ones they have done based on the original GOlden age have underperformed. They are Hoping Snow White might break that trend.

53 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I wonder if some critics purposely waited until just before or right around release to drop their reviews. It's gone down a bit while the verified audience is still at 92% with over 100 reviews. Still early though.

@KonI think it was after Captain Marvel. 

Captain Marvel was the last straw for them I think. Aladdin and the set of movies that opened alongside it were the first to employ the verified system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kon said:

However, slavery being associated to dark skin color is mainly for European/American countries.

Other countries have slavery too, but there wasn't an association with dark skin. For example: In Asian countries, the slaves tended to be people from other Asian countries

Slavery in the Roman Empire had nothing to do with race; it was based on whoever ROme has recently conquered.

"Spartacus" is quite accurate on that score.

So i was in the cinema with my little niece (6) and after the first half she said ok im done that’s boring so we left the cinema and so did a few of the already little audience. The underwater scenes were SO DARK that you can’t actually see what’s going on sometimes,  it is pretty boring and dont look like underwater, more like mermaids floating around in the space lol. Under the sea was the only thing i liked a lot bc there was some colour and life. I think when we left things were getting better bc Ariel goes to the castle and the story flows a little quicker, but i guess i will have to wait for D+ 

In conclusion, I think it is neither very childish nor very adult, and that is the main problem. The oposite that SMB achieved, being funny for everyone, this is boring for everyone. Of course racism is a real thing too, but i think that’s not the main issue for this to fail at least overseas.

ps im from Uruguay

Edited by lor15
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

38 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I want Disney to do Pocahontas so the original gets roasted by historians everywhere.

IThe original was ripped by historians when it opened.

Moral: Maybe  a animated film built around actual historical figures is not the greatest idea.

Just got out of a showing for this. I really enjoyed it, I would say it is a little long and probably could have shaved off 10-15 minutes off the run time. Audience enjoyed it and there were applause at the end. 8.5/10 I think this will play well over the summer and families will eat it up. Marketing did this film really dirty.
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Snow White is DOA, Godzilla X Kong, Kung Fu Panda and Spider-verse will eat it.

I get you don't  like the Disney live action remakes...I don't wither, but I can see box office reality and The Spiderverse is the only one of movies you mention that I could see out grossing Snow White.

Edited by dudalb