sfran43

Tuesday #s - 5/25/16

25 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Money Monster

Wednesday: $598k (-26%)

SECOND WEEK TOTAL: $9.41M (-53%)

THIRD WEEKEND FOUR-DAY TOTAL: $1.98M (-71.7%)

PROJECTED FOUR-WEEK TOTAL: $32.9M (2.22x)

Why are you expecting MM to drop so much?

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

So you're expecting it to lose over 75% of its 3 day business? :lol: 

More specifically, -73.5% Friday-to-Friday, -76.8% Saturday-to-Saturday, and -70.2% Sunday-to-Sunday.

When I'm finally covering all the films in the Derby, I'd be content taking Wonka's place at the bottom of the totem pole.

Edited by johnboy3434

4 hours ago, narniadis said:

Well today marks Day 40 for TJB being over 1m and should be the last consecutive day that it happens... and in doing so it passed BvS for #4 on the chart with it's sights on Zoo by the end of the weekend.

All around a stronger Tuesday than I had expected. I agree with Grim that the continued spread of "discount tuesday" particularly over the last 12 months or so has really changed the way some things behave.

This Monday and Tuesday is also the first time since its first week that TJB's weekday numbers have been higher than the same weekday numbers for Zoo (days 39 and 40). probably passes Zoo on Saturday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnboy3434 said:

More specifically, -73.5% Friday-to-Friday, -76.8% Saturday-to-Saturday, and -70.2% Sunday-to-Sunday.

When I'm finally covering all the films in the Derby, I'd be content taking Wonka's place at the bottom of the totem pole.

I know you are working on an algorithmic style of predicting but you aren't adequately compensating for this holiday weekend. I'm not sure you are modeling films but time of year needs to be taken into account in order to accurately reflect the grosses. Just some helpful advice I hope - I enjoy seeing your charts and watching as CW comes back into sync with reality, but there is more to it than just plugging in drops / raises based on comps or previous week activities.

• Like 2

@johnboy3434 take a look at last year's Memorial Day Weekend 2 "big" openers Theater Count / screenwise and three hold overs that were doing over 20m so the weekend business is comparable to this years.... nothing in the top 12 fell harder than 54% so that -71% this weekend for MM is just a statistical impossibility particularly when the 4day is factored in.

Again I know some of this is learning but you need to address some of these things if you want folks to take your predicting ideas seriously.

• Like 2

Today I saw Civil War with my brother who was in town and it was the first movie I've ever been in that was completely empty. Granted, it was 4PM on a Wednesday.

It allowed me to laugh as obnoxiously as possible at the Manchurian Candidate joke

2 hours ago, narniadis said:

Again I know some of this is learning but you need to address some of these things if you want folks to take your predicting ideas seriously.

You're right, and I think I know what the problem is. I'll fix it after tomorrow, and see how things improve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnboy3434 said:

You're right, and I think I know what the problem is. I'll fix it after tomorrow, and see how things improve.

I look forward to the results - Like I said I am enjoying watching you figure this out - back in the day I used to run massive excel sheets (because I like data) and it could really fluctuate as you have found out....

CW should show a 27-28% drop today. Better than last week's -34.5% but more than IM3 and AOU's 19-22% Wed drop as they had a -11% Tue decrease as opposed just -4% for CW.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

CW should show a 27-28% drop today. Better than last week's -34.5% but more than IM3 and AOU's 19-22% Wed drop as they had a -11% Tue decrease as opposed just -4% for CW.

What's the weekend going to be?

2 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

What's the weekend going to be?

IMO, I'm predicting a -46.9% drop for the weekend ($17,491,001 weekend) and memorial day at $5,995,032 for a four-day drop of -28.7%. Four day weekend at $23,486,033

:)

48 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

IMO, I'm predicting a -46.9% drop for the weekend ($17,491,001 weekend) and memorial day at $5,995,032 for a four-day drop of -28.7%. Four day weekend at $23,486,033

:)

I'm going with south of 15m 3 day

• Like 1