CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

Why do I feel like this summer's going to be a lot of lather, rinse, and repeat. New releases will underperform people's expectations and holdovers will have mediocre if not terrible legs.

Edited by Rman823

31 minutes ago, James said:

Just got back from watching X-Men. What the fuck? Why is this getting so much hate in some circles? It is better than all CBMs this year and probably the best X-Men to date. I just had the best time in theaters since the last Hobbit. Glad I decided to ignore the critics (again lol). 

58052957.jpg

Don't hold out on me broham.

Just now, department store basement said:

I was looking at past Memorial Day weekends when I remembered that the Longest Yard remake made over 50m 11 years ago.

I am still shocked that a sports movie remake could do that well.

People still didn't travel on Memorial Weekend back then. In fact, they didn't travel in 2013 or 2014 either... Hmmmm.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I was looking at past Memorial Day weekends when I remembered that the Longest Yard remake made over 50m 11 years ago.

I am still shocked that a sports movie remake could do that well.

I liked that movie. One of Sandler's good ones.

"It ain't easy being cheesy!"

28 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is mediocre as fuck. It just had a bigger Memorial weekend drop than fucking TASM2. No spinning on that.

Also so worse than SM3 and X men origins! However there is no way WoM is like those two 

25 minutes ago, SWXII said:

If movies were politicians then The Jungle Book is Bernie Sanders while Zootopia is Hillary Clinton.

Ummmm......

Who wants to be the one to break it to SWXII which "movie" is going to get "more dollars" than the other. :)

*yells 'NOT IT' real fast*

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Also so worse than SM3 and X men origins! However there is no way WoM is like those two 

Honestly, Civil War's multiplier is gonna end up being quite similar to Spider-Man 3, I think. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Oh people traveled CJohn and perhaps this time, circumstances have been different in our Economy that have more people traveling than in previous years.. Hey what do you want me to say?? That they should've just waited and released CIVIL WAR This weekend instead of when they did??? Then we'd have a better thread..

That is just an excuse like the piracy one. It is time to accept superhero movies are turning into Potter/Twilight movies in terms of legs. People liked those movies and it didn't stop them from dropping fast and pulling a 2-2.2x multiplier.  

• Like 8

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

And it still won't change the fact that the movie was awesome, will pass 400M Domestic at some point and made over a Billion dollars for a 13th movie in a franchise.. Again, hate to sound like the broken record syndrome, but it is what it is.. How much did SM3 end up with Domestic?? About 330M??

Did I said it changed any of those facts?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

That is just an excuse like the piracy one. It is time to accept superhero movies are turning into Potter/Twilight movies in terms of legs. People liked those movies and it didn't stop them from dropping fast and pulling a 2-2.2x multiplier.  

Not all superhero movies, I think. Only ones that have storylines that depend on prior knowledge.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Not all superhero movies, I think. Only ones that have storylines that depend on prior knowledge.

Yes, I agree, the more complex they become and the more knowledge is required to know WTF is going on the worse it gets. Doctor Strange will have some strong legs. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You got reported? Lmao

45 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I report Tele all the time for poisoning the well. Only fair that CJohn the Accursed does as well

You guys don't know the half of it.

• Like 3

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Alright, I'm off to work.. Enjoy the rest of the night folks and don't worry: We'll find a way to turn this thread into turmoil before it's all over.. ;)

We still have all Monday to get this shit locked at least 3 times :lol: 

• Like 2