CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

Finally got to see Apocalypse and I thought it was pretty good. I still liked Civil War, DOFP, and Deadpool more but it was still better than The Last Stand, Origins, The Wolverine, and the first X-Men. Overall I've been satisfied with the CBMs this year. I even gave Batman V. Superman a 7.5/10.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BourneFan #1 said:

Question for the mods: Can you replace the Alice backgrounds with TMNT ones for next week?

CJohn already confirmed we're getting a Popstar background.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

I don't think the Xmen franchise as it is is really suited for a Cinematic Universe.

A lot of their more popular characters have been pushed aside and poorly handled. Would many people turn up for a Storm, Cyclops, or Jean Grey movie?

I don't think DC could pull it off either (can you imagine Plastic Man in the same universe of BvS) but there might still be time to correct that. 

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Lol and now she wants to be in a movie with Deadpool. 

You serious? Lol!

I'm sure she regrets not being Deadpools GF now.

Anyway can anyone explain to me the hype around her? Why did everyone want her to play Psylocke?

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Can we skip past all that nonsense to shirtless Goldblum

Calm down Chewy. That will come soon.

First we will get TMNT2 and Warcraft wallpapers. 

Just now, AJG said:

I don't think the Xmen franchise as it is is really suited for a Cinematic Universe.

A lot of their more popular characters have been pushed aside and poorly handled. Would many people turn up for a Storm, Cyclops, or Jean Grey movie?

I don't think DC could pull it off either (can you imagine Plastic Man in the same universe of BvS) but there might still be time to correct that. 

I just think they're all doomed to fail cuz they're playing catchup. It's like all those attempts to be the next Star Wars in the 80s or the next Lord of the Rings in the aughts. There will be hits here and there but it's not novel

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AStarWarsFan said:

You serious? Lol!

Anyway can anyone explain to me the hype around her? Why did everyone want her to play Psylocke?

She is active on social networks. But I didn't get the point of promoting her so much during the initial promo push, they pushed her to the background later but her big social profile meant they got a lot of exposure during the start.

• Like 2

Just now, AStarWarsFan said:

Is there hype around her? I don't think anyone cares about her or her character

3 minutes ago, AStarWarsFan said:

You serious? Lol!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2016/05/27/olivia-munn-x-men-apocalypse-deadpool/85017524/

Im sure everyone is forever grateful she wasn't Deadpool's girl friend. After seeing her in Apocalypse I was like thank the lord. She would have ruined Deadpool. Fact. 

16 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I still think it will do very, very well.

Assassin's Creed and Passengers are fuuuucked.

What are the chances for AC moving up by 2 week or so?

9 minutes ago, department store basement said:

The box office comparison is bad. The MCU has 5 more movies in 8 years than HP did in 10.

But if a franchise can produce  well over a dozen successful blockbusters, that's an advantage that should be recognized.

I doubt Harry Potter could match MCU's output of blockbusters even if they tried.

There's simply not enough wild variety or compelling cannon.

18 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You know you can't use inflation to compare WW numbers. You're assuming these HP films would've made 1.5-1.6 billion in todays market and there's no way of knowing this (except for when Fantastic Beast struggles to cross 1 billion, lol).

Also the HP franchise made only 7.7 billion worldwide. MCU will double that by 2019.

How can you call Harry Potter a bigger phenomenon in every way when MCU just crossed 10 billion in WW box office and has countless movies lined up?

Because MCU has had way more movies than HP? 

Just now, Chewy said:

I just think they're all doomed to fail cuz they're playing catchup. It's like all those attempts to be the next Star Wars in the 80s or the next Lord of the Rings in the aughts. There will be hits here and there but it's not novel

Even then I wonder what could Fox do with the Xmen.

In the comics the Xmen could always do more than just Mutant rights. The Fox movies have been too narrow with the stories presented in the films.

Xmen comics always had them fight Mutant rights too, but the comic franchise has always managed to keep running by having the Xmen interact with elements Fox don't own, or with elements that would be completely jarring if introduced in the universe of the current movies (could you imagine seeing aliens like Gladiator turn up in the Singer-Verse).

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Is there hype around her? I don't think anyone cares about her or her character

A lot of discussion and fan sites seem to be very hyped to see her potray the character. Also most articles I've read stated that she's a fan favourite.

Edited by AStarWarsFan