CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also at the theater today I saw a little girl walk past the poster for Sausage Party and said "I want to see this movie mommy!" LMAO OH GOD.

Dumbass 12 year old boys are gonna go wild over that movie. 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

That movie so not gonna do well lol. I showed the trailer to a co-worker and he said "that is the most fucked up thing I've ever seen" lmao.

The audience are teens and young adults. Other than that it is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

That movie so not gonna do well lol. I showed the trailer to a co-worker and he said "that is the most fucked up thing I've ever seen" lmao.

The target audience for the movie is pretty much stoners (or people who want to experience what being high feels like) and no one else by the looks of it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Holy shot BKB. Your spin on CW is legendary. So much cock and balls and piss and vinegar at the beginning when you were shoving it down everyone's throats about how this would get a three multiplier and how it would make 500 million and how it would open to 200 million and so on and so on. And now you're just throwing out the well it made 400 million so that's awesome. You're hilarious dude.

His spin is out of control. 

• Like 2

Sausage Party reminds me of those crude, stupid flash animations I'd see online around the mid-2000s. Like your friend would go "hey looks at this crazy shit" and it'd be some dumbass short like that. 

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 2

Just now, department store basement said:

So with all the disappointments, how hard do you think Popstar will bomb next week?

All the excitement for that movie just evaporated when the title was announced. Not even The Voice helped.

I'm expecting MacGruber numbers, personally.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

So with all the disappointments, how hard do you think Popstar will bomb next week?

All the excitement for that movie just evaporated when the title was announced. Not even The Voice helped.

Well, it can't be worse than Grimsby.

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

Popstar is going to bomb hard. It doesn't even have Adam Sandler's name to get it to That's My Boy numbers. Right now I am thinking maybe 5M OW. The movie is very very niche, Lonely Island have their fanbase but I don't think they would go watch a mockumentary in theaters.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Yeah, sure it is.. Anyone who lives in the U.S Knows Memorial Day Weekend is a big traveling weekend and sorry, but no one gave a fuck to go to the movies this long weekend because of it.. You'd have to be a Noob not to see this.. It's not the movies folks.. This is just the way it is and 4th of July Weekend as well as Labor Day Weekend will be the same way.. Why that's so hard for all of you to grasp is laughable...

BKB what are you talking about? 

The MD and 4th of July weekends have been huge moviegoing weekends. It's only in the last couple of years that things have seemingly slowed, especially on the MD wknd. They need to release movies that people actually really want to see

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Popstar is going to bomb hard. It doesn't even have Adam Sandler's name to get it to That's My Boy numbers. Right now I am thinking maybe 5M OW. The movie is very very niche, Lonely Island have their fanbase but I don't think they would go watch a mockumentary in theaters.

I am expecting Grimsby numbers (3M OW, 7M DOM total). 

don't get me wrong buddy I still love you but I just think that your spin on civil war is kind of funny.

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also at the theater today I saw a little girl walk past the poster for Sausage Party and said "I want to see this movie mommy!" LMAO OH GOD.

I saw South Park in a video store when I was 4 and I thought it looked pretty cool.

• Like 1

Do people get some sort of satisfaction by saying how "wrong" critics were or something? Because the whole "Man, X-Men is WAYYYY better than stupid critics say" thing doesn't need to be repeated every five posts, really. 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

don't get me wrong buddy I still love you but I just think that your spin on civil war is kind of funny.

First the piracy thing and now the people travel thing. Whatever it sticks he will use, I guess :lol: 

• Like 2