FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

When your opening weekend lowball fails, go for the legs instead 

This ain't having worse legs than Monsters U.  

I don't think it has anything to do with reception, I think there's a real trend of big openers having lower-than-expected legs. Nothing to do with the movie, just how the studios market and release things now. 

(I did say small chance, I'm not silly enough to guarantee it).

Just now, ACSlater said:

Watching The Martian again right now on HBO...it holds up really well in my opinion...

Killing time to the Battle of the Bastards in a few hours...

God I hate that episode title. Sounds cheaper than something even the Walking Dead would pull. 

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

There's hope for you yet. :rofl: 

Honestly what happened is that I took too long to buy it and it sold out :sadben: Not making the same mistake with Deadpool and the 3 SPECIAL EDITIONS BVS IS GETTING!!!! Digibook, Steelbook and 4K Edition. :sarah::redcapes: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Honestly what happened is that I took too long to buy it and it sold out :sadben: Not making the same mistake with Deadpool and the 3 SPECIAL EDITIONS BVS IS GETTING!!!! Digibook, Steelbook and 4K Edition. :sarah::redcapes: 

You have a disease

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Speaking of.Deadpool though I'm finally gonna give it and 10/Cloverfield Land a watch later this week

Man, I can't wait for your 1/10 review of Deadpool :redcapes: 

• Like 3

I wonder how long this animated OW will stand this time? Think it will take a lot of inflation to beat. 

On a vaguely related note, I'm very interested to see just how an animated CBM about one of the genre's biggest heroes behaves on OW with LEGO Batman next year. Not gonna say it can beat Dory's OW or anything, but it certainly may hit 100+. 

32 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I disagree...

I heard average folks trashing Batman vs Superman over plot holes and poor acting.

Martha and all.

Everyone is not a dude bro whose reaction can only be "yoh that was sick" or "this film is a flop"

I wasn't here when the "Martha" thing happened but I'll just say that I didn't see the problem with it.  I took it as for a split second Bruce saw Superman for who he truly was and it humanized the "alien" and it clicked with Bruce because he lives with his mother's death weighing on him. 

But I also believe that you'd have to be a little bit into the comics to fully grasp their interactions so...   I guess I disagree with you.  I didn't think BvS was any worse than your average dumb popcorn movie, I mean the whole training raptors and raptors with night vision or whatever the fuck was so dumb to me but it's okay because it's JW, it's already ridiculous.

• Like 1

I still need to see The Revenant

23 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Speaking of.Deadpool though I'm finally gonna give it and 10/Cloverfield Land a watch later this week

They're both in my Top 3 of the year so far