FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

A Pixar Zelda movie...that's that stuff of dreams. 

Ocarina of Time is such a great story that with the proper tweaking for the medium I'm sure could be just as great in film. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

That it'll happen or if it could beat Dory?

I don't think it's happening any time soon if ever, but whether or not it could beat Dory um... like I said the earliest I could see it is late next decade so who knows what inflation might do. Depends on how big FD's OW truly gets.

It would make no sense to make a sequel to Inside Out. It's such a high-concept movie that to make a sequel is more or less making a remake. That, and Pete Doctor has no interest in doing it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

A Pixar Zelda movie...that's that stuff of dreams. 

In my world, the stuff that dreams are made of, usually end up being mediocre at best.

Most of the time however, it is a disaster of biblical proportion.

It would be kinda difficult for a family-audience brand like Pixar to do a movie about the inner workings of a teenager or young adult's mind, but there's definitely potential there if they're ever willing to aim for a PG-13 rating. At any rate Docter's working on something else now so it wouldn't happen for awhile.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

It would make no sense to make a sequel to Inside Out. It's such a high-concept movie that to make a sequel is more or less making a remake. That, and Pete Doctor has no interest in doing it.

Well, he didn't until just a bit ago. Seems Disney has been poking and prodding a bit just like Stanton was after Nemo as Pete apparently just admitted, "Yeah we may explore some ideas for a possible sequel."

Do I personally think it will happen? No. Do I think Disney wants it? Yes. Do I think even if it happens that it will come out anytime soon? Hell no. Do I think that's there is no way to make it work? ...no. I think the very concept more than lends itself to a number of ideas, it's just up to Disney on whether or not they would be willing to go so off-the-chart. Andrew Stanton got a sequel to Finding Nemo with nearly every character aside from Marlin, Dory and Nemo making either no appearances or small cameos. They made a Toy Story sequel about Andy growing old and the toys literally living out the existential crisis they were terrified of in Toy Story 2. Incredibles 2 is heavily rumored to be about a teenaged Jack Jack. So they've gotten insanely ambitious ideas for sequels made, and then Consumer Products also got Cars 2 and 3 made. (also John Lasseter helped)

Needless to say, if push comes to shove and they force a sequel out of Pete Docter, I have faith that they'll at least do something interesting with the concept.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

There are sequences in Brave that had me thinking Pixar could do Zelda justice. 

Imagine Kokirii Forest in Ocarina of Time when you see Merida follow those wisps into the woods. 

Since when has Pixar done adaptations of outside works?

1 minute ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Disney should retcon their direct to video Lion King 2 from the timeline and create a proper sequel for theaters.

With the level of talent at WDAS right now, I honestly wouldn't be totally opposed to this. Only if they can pull a Toy Story though and match the quality of the first, which is a tall order. 

1 minute ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

and dare I say it, Calvin and Hobbes. Work with Bill Watterson on it, get him used to the idea.

I'm pretty sure he would rather skirmish his own name than ever, EVER allow anybody to produce a Calvin and Hobbes movie. 

Watterson is extremely stubborn.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Disney also needs to obtain the rights for Banjo Kazooie, and dare I say it, Calvin and Hobbes. Work with Bill Watterson on it, get him used to the idea.

Neither of those things will happen or should happen.