WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Exactly. Usually they're either underestimating or overestimating. In this case they're most definitely underestimating Finding Dory. I have a feeling they're underestimating The Shallows. And I think they're overestimating with Jones. 

And crossing $300M on Sunday would mean an $86M+ weekend.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Exactly. Usually they're either underestimating or overestimating. In this case they're most definitely underestimating Finding Dory. I have a feeling they're underestimating The Shallows. And I think they're overestimating with Jones. 

I definitely think they're underestimating Dory, considering Minions increased more on it's second Friday, that number for Dory would be quite drop. Highly, highly unlikely.

Just now, FlashMaster659 said:

And crossing $300M on Sunday would mean an $86M+ weekend.

Like I said. They just pick random numbers out of the air or whatever they think sounds right without taking into consideration each situation. They use previous movies to determine the numbers which yea can be helpful but not when you're completely ignoring how the actual film is performing. 

I think IDR has a good chance at having the highest OW for a movie that doesn't reach 100m. It's gonna drop off a cliff.

what's so bad about it that wasn't present in Emmerich previois movies?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

nah, ID4 should limp pass 100m especially since next week is a holiday weekend and the new openers are tracking poorly

WOM is going to be abysmal, mark my words. Lack of competition won't matter, people are staying far away from IDR once word starts spreading. And 3 new releases isn't exactly a lack of competition anyways, even if none of them are 35m+ openers. 

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

In admissions, I think The Sting 2's 99% admissions drop off is the only thing way worse than what ID4 to IDR will be. IDR is headed to an 85%+ tumble. To put that in perspective, even disastrous drop offs like Scream 4 and Alice 2 didn't go above like a 75% decrease in admissions. IDR's admissions drop will be catastrophic. 

IDR's domestic total is probably not going to reach ID4's first week total (or its first four days adjusted). That is insane when you think about it. Although it probably speaks more about ID4 than it does IDR, honestly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

WOM is going to be abysmal, mark my words. Lack of competition won't matter, people are staying far away from IDR once word starts spreading. And 3 new releases isn't exactly a lack of competition anyways, even if none of them are 35m+ openers. 

I 100% agree with you. Look at its social media tracking. It's a 1:1 ratio of positive and negative tweets. WOM is going to sick the ship.