Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I think Sausage Party looks hilarious but I know most of the GA won't be on board for such an "out-there" concept. Seems more likely to do similar business to The Nice Guys (another movie the Internet championed and the GA couldn't be moved to care about) than to blow up.

At worst it'll do Night Before numbers (Which still makes Tele's club a failure ;) )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think Sausage Party looks hilarious but I know most of the GA won't be on board for such an "out-there" concept. Seems more likely to do similar business to The Nice Guys (another movie the Internet championed and the GA couldn't be moved to care about) than to blow up.

The Sausage party has way more buzz on social media right now, than the Nice Guys ever had. I would be shocked if it did Nice Guys numbers. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol remember at the end of the first movie when the neighbors tried to kill Lena Headey and the kids and their plan got foiled? Yeah that won't be hella awkward every day for now on.

It automatically occured to me that the neighbors could just return the next year. If I were the family I would have moved. 

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Jul 8: Pets 70M

Jul 15: Ghostbusters 50M

Jul 22: Star Trek 57M

Jul 29: Bourne 55M

Aug 5: Squad 110M

Aug 12: Pete's and Sausage at least 35M+

Aug 19: War Dogs 30M

The summer is about to get good.

For a moment I thought it read PETE'S SAUSAGE.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:

Pete will do fine, I just hope it doesn't eat into Kubo's grosses too much.

I wouldn't worry too much, the average 12-plex will probably have these movies when it's out:

Kubo

War Dogs

Ben-Hur

Pete's

Sausage Party

Florence Foster Jenkins

Suicide Squad

Nine Lives

The Founder

Bourne 

Bad Moms

Star Trek

Both The Founder (due to Weinstein's woes) and Nine Lives look like really poor grossers to me.

Both The Founder (due to Weinstein's woes) and Nine Lives look like really poor grossers to me.

Sadly

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I still can't believe Kevin Spacey is starring in that Shaggy Dog ripoff. Which reminds me poor RDJ before Iron Man. tumblr_lv4ixhyIrS1qa7hzxo7_250.gif

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Founder should do decently with the lack of options for older audiences this summer even if it's just ok. Nine Lives could definitely bomb but I'm thinking 12/28 right now

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

The Founder should do decently with the lack of options for older audiences this summer even if it's just ok. Nine Lives could definitely bomb but I'm thinking 12/28 right now

It'll depend on Weinstein's marketing push. Given their recent woes, I'd have to wager not much.