grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I doubt this plays out like IDR. There are people actually enjoying this movie, whereas no one liked that one.

That movie nobody liked is on track for a 3x multiplier :redcapes: 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Regretting bumping by Derby predict from 42 to 48.5m at the last moment. :P

You think mid 40s or lower ?

Pixels was 1.5m/ 24m last august. Hard to find a summer action/chick/comedy to compare

So after all the controversy surrounding the film because people got offended at Sony trying to ruin a classic, we are going to sit and pretend like Ghostbusters isn't a big brand? Okay. 

This movie is neither front loaded nor is it going to have massive walk-ups. Its going to hit the $40-50M range that everyone expected it to. I personally have it at $48M so I'm good right now. 

All we have to wait for now are the ridiculous mid-day numbers that Deadline will release in accordance with their estimates that they pull out of their asses. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

All these weeks of sidetaking and threadlocking and we get a number so boring people can no longer say anything, it's quite amusing really. 

I told you earlier. We are getting a number where nobody wins.

Just like how the critical response went. No one can say it's been critically praised and no one can say it's been critically panned. 

Its hilarious if you ask me. 

• Like 1

So after everything that's gone down over the last few months we get..........

A perfectly average Thursday night preview number. Nothing great nor bad either way. Decent start. Will come in second to SLOP for the weekend; which I'm sure the haters will enjoy. 

• Like 1

Summer comedies have good legs.

PIXELS did 3.28x (24m ow, 78.75m dom)

45m/2.9x/130m could happen for GB.

What's gonna be fun is : CI O/U GB

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Closest comp I can think of is Pitch Perfect 2 which had a 4.6M previews 7pm and a 67M OW, but that was in May as opposed to July. If it follows Pitch Perfect 2 with a slight adjustment for July, it will open with 45M. Maleficent had 4.2M and 69M but that was with 9pm previews and also a May opening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, junkshop36 said:

So after everything that's gone down over the last few months we get..........

A perfectly average Thursday night preview number. Nothing great nor bad either way. Decent start. Will come in second to SLOP for the weekend; which I'm sure the haters will enjoy. 

Does appear it will fade quickly with Trek and Ice Age next weekend, Bourne the weekend after and then Suicide Squad the weekend after that.

• Like 1

$3.4 million is more than I expected. Given that this film was labelled as a disaster before it was even released, and that it probably skews older and more female than your typical blockbuster, I wasn't expecting huge previews. I expect about $50 million this weekend based on that, but perhaps my reasoning will be off. Also, I'm not sure how WOM will play yet - feels like a crowd pleaser to me, but given the vitriol from certain corners, that may create a wash in terms of WOM. This feels like such a wildcard movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk