baumer

Wed #s (Asgard) Pets: 11.0 FTF: 2.6 LOT: 2.3

Saw Pets yesterday, it's not even as good as mediocre Dory. They fooled us by putting literally all the funny, entertaining moments in the trailer. The other 87 minutes was dullsville, led by the moronic and unfunny little bunny character.

Have no idea why this is making so much dough ... Doh! I helped it make more yesterday!!! :(

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Saw Pets yesterday, it's not even as good as mediocre Dory. They fooled us by putting literally all the funny, entertaining moments in the trailer. The other 87 minutes was dullsville, led by the moronic and unfunny little bunny character.

Have no idea why this is making so much dough ... Doh! I helped it make more yesterday!!! :(

Hush your mouth.

That was the perfect kind of role for Kevin Hart's zany energy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Hush your mouth.

That was the perfect kind of role for Kevin Hart's zany energy.

I'm a pretty big Kevin Hart fan. Have liked him in almost everything he's done on film. Have a personal rooting interest because I briefly ran in to him at an NBA basketball game and he was nice for the 4 or 5 seconds we interracted.  But this bunny was dreadful. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Dory will beat Shrek 2 this weekend!!! YYYYEEESSSSS!!!!!

Dislike Shrek 2 and loved your GIF but ... Shrek 2's adjusted gross is north of $600m. As much as I did not like it, it was clearly a bigger movie to this point than Dory has been. 

Trust me, you'll want to say the same thing 10 years from now when Pets 4 or Minions 5 is surpassing Dory's nominal gross. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

First of all wtf is scarlet doing in that GIF and how do I participate?

And I agree with you @SteveJaros. I hated everything about the bunny. I hated that whole subplot I hated how stupid the whole thing was and I hate it how the whole thing all ended on the bridge. Just the whole movie itself with the exception of the first 20 minutes and the last 10 was absolutely Dreadful in my opinion.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Dislike Shrek 2 and loved your GIF but ... Shrek 2's adjusted gross is north of $600m. As much as I did not like it, it was clearly a bigger movie to this point than Dory has been. 

I don't really care about adjusted gross, this way of doing things is not accurate. The world changed since Shrek 2 and Dory has much more competition from other sources of entertainment such as Netflix, social networks, smartphones..and so on..So I'm fine with non-adjusted grosses that are more in line with these new realities.

27.2% drop for Pets (if that number holds) would be very good. After having trailing Minions' drops on Monday and Tuesday, it seems to be surging above now and has a very good shot at beating its Thursday. Minions fell 18% and I can't see Pets falling more than 10%. I see it doing:

Thurs: $10m (-9%)

Fri: $15.3m (+53%)

Sat: $21.4m (+40%)

Sun: $15.6m (-27%)

Wkd: $52.3m (-50%)

If it manages an Inside Out and increases today though...

I don't know why Pets would fall hard today. It's been doing that IO all.week so why would Thursday be any different

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

We don't know how Dory (or any sequel to Finding Nemo) would've done if it was released last decade though. Remember that in 2004, 1.5 billion tix were sold compared to 1.3 billion last year, so attendance in general is on a decreasing trend. If Shrek or Pirates are anything to go by, a well received Nemo 2 released in 2005 or 2006 would've likely increased from the first Nemo (and sell more tix than whatever Dory is going to).

Edited by Agafin

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I don't know why Pets would fall hard today. It's been doing that IO all.week so why would Thursday be any different

It's not following IO though. It's Saturday hold was significantly better than that of both IO and Minions. It's Sunday hold was worse than both. Monday hold was also worse than both. Tuesday was much better than IO but worse than Minions'. And now the Wednesday hold seems to be slightly better than IO and significantly better than Minions'.

It's all over the place really. Which is why I went with an intermediary performance between them.