baumer

Baumer's Top 100 films you have probably heard of but more than likely haven't seen. #1: Cute Clever Mischievous, but don't feed them after midnight!

oh and I have two reasons to bring up this movie.  Pumpkinhead could have been added but maybe not in the top 100, but I bring it up because apparently a remake is in the works @Baumer

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 75live said:

oh and I have two reasons to bring up this movie.  Pumpkinhead could have been added but maybe not in the top 100, but I bring it up because apparently a remake is in the works @Baumer

Pumpkinhead did make it. :)

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Pumpkinhead did make it. :)

duh, yeah it did, didn't it :P 

my mistake, I guess I was just to eager to spread the remake news  lol

• Like 1

I'll google the remake news now.

I wonder if it will get a theatrical release.  Lance definitely needs to have a cameo.

I dont think they will.  This film would have to be made for next to nothing.  Around 5 million or less.  I think CGI like that would make them go over.

Just now, Baumer said:

I dont think they will.  This film would have to be made for next to nothing.  Around 5 million or less.  I think CGI like that would make them go over.

i was thinking of that too, but figured they may give it a go anyway.  But I can deal with a guy in a suit.  It works on most levels and I'm used to it :)  

• Like 1

The top three is a Dante triple feature. Gremlins is a good horror comedy, and I enjoy Innerspace a lot. Joe Dante is a great and underrated director, and apparently one of the nicest and easiest guys to interview. Good list too.

• Like 1

Interesting #1.  Overall nicely put together list, it's hard finding the right mix of classics and smaller gems people have overlooked. I want to put a list together, not sure what the topic is yet.

• Like 1

I have the same thought process with Close Encounters of the Third Kind as I did with Gremlins. Who knew that Gremlins would be more widely viewed by people under the age of 25 at our site than Close Encounters of the Third Kind. It seems my number one probably should not have made the list lol but oh well it is done and time to move on to something else. I would love to see more lists done by more people.

Gremlins is always on at Christmas, and Gizmo is still probably one of the cutest things to ever come out of cinema.  Maybe the right call would have been Gremlins 2, the arguably better film despite flopping.

• Like 1

Gremlins 2 is an absolute masterpiece. It's way funnier than the first one and the fourth wall-breaking with Hulk Hogan and the projector was one of the most ingenious things I think I'd seen at the theater up until that point.

• Like 2

Well I'm under 25, and I haven't seen Gremlins, so at least you got one of us.

Also, I'll later compile up a list of where all of these movies are available to stream for those of us who want to check out a few of these movies.

• Like 1

Here's a list I made for you:

http://letterboxd.com/blankments/list/baumers-top-100-films-you-have-probably-heard/

I've only seen four lol. Also, I noticed you're missing a number 84 but I'm guessing that's just because you have both Young Guns later on? IDK

Great list either way, adding most of them to my watchlist :) 

• Like 1