Nova

Tuesday: Suicide Squad $14.27M

1 minute ago, DealWithIt said:

So, people can spew shit claiming the movie was screwed once the "toxic" word of mouth kicked in and it's ok? Good to know. I'll remember that come the weekend of November 4th. 

Those who spewed shit were called out on it. However creating something that hasn't happened in a thread is just as immature as someone who is spewing shit. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DealWithIt said:

So, people can spew shit claiming the movie was screwed once the "toxic" word of mouth kicked in and it's ok? Good to know. I'll remember that come the weekend of November 4th. 

I haven't seen ANYONE around here doing that. ANYONE. Not even BKB from all people. Fighting imaginary enemies make you people look insane. And not in a cute Suicide Squad like insane. Just sad insane, just like @Rey's extra. It's doing GREAT, and I'm a supporter of the film. Some people hate it and it's fine. That doesn't mean that they are 'TEH ENEMY SAYING THE WOM IS TOXIC', when no one is saying that. The WOM isn't toxic. Be the cool kind of weird, please. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

How much more goalpost moving is in store. First it was SS won't crack $200M.  Then it was $250M.  Now it's $300M?  lol..  hard to admit WB/DC has a winner I guess.

Well once the film opened to $133.6M, $200M and $250M were wiped off the table so the next big target is $300M. Its not goal post moving when the OW of a film is ginormous. The same things were done when Deadpool opened up. 

Some of you are so hell bent on making this a DC vs Marvel thing, when its simply not. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

How much more goalpost moving is in store. First it was SS won't crack $200M.  Then it was $250M.  Now it's $300M?  lol..  hard to admit WB/DC has a winner I guess.

After the OW, peoples that said Squad would gross less than $270M+ DOM were full of shit. A minimum 2.0 multi was expected. But, I'm still not saying even $300M+ DOM is a lock until the we see how it holds this coming weekend.

Also, anyone claiming this wasn't a winner in terms of at least breaking even or making good mint for WB is full of shit. BUT, those that believe it could've been MUCH bigger, just like BvS, if it wasn't so divisive are spot on. BatSupes and SS had a hell of a lot of novelty going for them, great marketing campaigns are essentially non-sequels... That usually signifies a better a multi.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Well once the film opened to $133.6M, $200M and $250M were wiped off the table so the next big target is $300M. Its not goal post moving when the OW of a film is ginormous. The same things were done when Deadpool opened up. 

Some of you are so hell bent on making this a DC vs Marvel thing, when its simply not. 

And they don't seem to understand how incredibly childish they look when doing it that it's just utterly sad. Stop sucking the joy out of things. Suicide Squad is a blast and same goes for its box office run so far. Have fun and grab a cookie, maybe a cup of coffee too. You hate the film and it's been civil, I love the film and I'm being civil, stop creating NON-EXISTENT animosity, folks. Please @Baumer loves Dory, @CJohn and mods, say something. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

And they don't seem to understand how incredibly childish they look when doing it that it's just utterly sad. Stop sucking the joy out of things. Suicide Squad is a blast and same goes for its box office run so far. Have fun and grab a cookie, maybe a cup of coffee too. You hate the film and it's been civil, I love the film and I'm being civil, stop creating NON-EXISTENT animosity, folks. Please @Baumer loves Dory, @CJohn and mods, say something. 

Please tell me this thread didn't turn into a Marvel vs DC train in the last few pages?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

After the OW, peoples that said Squad would gross less than $270M+ DOM were full of shit. A minimum 2.0 multi was expected. But, I'm still not saying even $300M+ DOM is a lock until the we see how it holds this coming weekend.

Also, anyone claiming this wasn't a winner in terms of at least breaking even or making good mint for WB is full of shit. BUT, those that believe it could've been MUCH bigger, just like BvS, if it wasn't so divisive are spot on. BatSupes and SS had a hell of a lot of novelty going for them, great marketing campaigns are essentially non-sequels... That usually signifies a better a multi.

I'm being cautious about crossing $300m, but even getting close to that would be a win imho. The film has successfully made the GA care about some unknown DC characters and I feel that I like them more than anything the DCEU did so far. This film is a win in my book, if it gets a 2.2+ multiplier, I'd be already VERY happy. 

MODERATION:

Take your Marvel vs DC bullshit to another place. This is a thread to discuss the daily numbers and sure, if you want to compare to Marvel movies you can, but don't use that as an excuse to rag on DC movies (the opposite also applies; everyone can rag on Fantastic Four 2015 tho, fuck that movie). The ban hammer was already dropped today. Don't make it drop again. Don't poison the well. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

I don't care about Marvel/DC.  I'm talking about the "DCEU is dead" posts.  There's been tons of them over the past week and a half. Don't pretend they do not exist. It's difficult for some people to admit that this universe will live on and also be profitable.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Please tell me this thread didn't turn into a Marvel vs DC train in the last few pages?

It did. But it was literally out of nowhere. I don't think there's ANY reason for any animosity whatsoever. No one is saying that the WOM is toxic other than people claiming that others are saying that the WOM is toxic. I can't be the only one seeing how insane that is. And not in the Squad kind of way. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

I don't care about Marvel/DC.  I'm talking about the "DCEU is dead" posts.  There's been tons of them over the past week and a half. Don't pretend they do not exist. It's difficult for some people to admit that this universe will live on and also be profitable.

I literally didn't see any of them that it didn't look like some sort of joke. I still feel a lot of people suffer from a Drax complex here. 

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

It did. But it was literally out of nowhere. I don't think there's ANY reason for any animosity whatsoever. No one is saying that the WOM is toxic other than people claiming that others are saying that the WOM is toxic. I can't be the only one seeing how insane that is. And not in the Squad kind of way. 

A few people are actually saying WOM is toxic. But anyway, it is impossible to prove that right now. It is just nonsense created by the anti-DC members. 

Everyone needs to chill for a bit and at least wait for today's number.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Exactly. And Ive already admitted I engaged in that bad WOM debacle that occurred because of its Friday to Saturday drop but I'm not letting that blind me from its other drops. Its having good drops. Lets see how it goes the rest of its run. Our lives don't depend on how this film performs one way or the other but my god some folks are acting like it does. 

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

A few people are actually saying WOM is toxic. But anyway, it is impossible to prove that right now. It is just nonsense created by the anti-DC members. 

I don't think the WOM is toxic at all, and I've read this whole thread and didn't find anyone saying that at all on this thread or the one that I created for Monday's. I think YOU think it's toxic and you want comic book movies to die, but you're not having it, Portugal. :P 

• Like 1

@iJackSparrow When you realize SS is running near day to day with Gotg with a 40+mil lead then you'll see where I'm coming from.

Now when it drops below by only a 1mil or 2mil day to day then your conversation is valid.Even then SS still has a 40+mil gap to compensate.

Edited by Brainiac5

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

@iJackSparrow When you realize SS is running near day to day with gotg with a 40+mil lead then you'll see where I'm coming from.

Now when it drops below by only a 1mil or 2mil below day to day then your conversation is valid.Even then SS still has a 40+mil gap to compensate.

Dude. READ WHAT I'M SAYING. The bolded part, it's EXACTLY what I'm saying. People would disagree a lot less often around here if they actually at least READ what others saying, not just went on defensive mode against people saying the EXACT SAME THING they are saying. Zeus. 

• Like 1