Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

6 minutes ago, ThatOneSausage said:

Sausage Party is literally turning into the fucking family movie of the year in my household lmao.  It's rare that me, my mom, and my sis all go see a movie together voluntarily, but that's exactly what we're gonna do tomorrow for it.  We preordered our tickets and we're all literally talking about how excited we are :rofl: 

One sausage to unite us all :jeb!:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RichWS said:

When you realize this, that's when you don't post anything else. 

There isn't such a thing as success versus a bigger success? There are many movies with similar budgets that won't make it past 250 million, not even past 200 million, and some fail to even reach 150 or 100 million.

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

Everyone at my work tonight was freaking out about it and how they all wanna go see it. It was crazy to see. 

Yet some people here are still saying SP is going to have bad WoM and no legs... ;)

I think Sony made a solid move for Sausage Party it originally was supposed to be released in May of this year, and they moved it around a few times. Word of mouth has been solid for it thus far, and it should hold up fine on the dailies and weekends. 

5 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Hmm...so there are people that still think he's a bad actor after Boogie Nights, The Departed, and his Will Ferrell collaborations?

Marky Mark gets a lifetime pass from me for Boogie Nights but was there anything special about his performance in The Departed?

1 minute ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Challenge for this forum:

Name all the movies with toxic word of mouth that made more than 290 million DOM.

Mixed films at best. Man Of Steel, Alice In Wonderland, BVS, Star Wars prequels(episodes I-III), Pirates 3, Shrek 3, Spider-Man 3, Minions.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Marky Mark gets a lifetime pass from me for Boogie Nights but was there anything special about his performance in The Departed?

Marky Mark was only in it for a little bit, all I remember was the ending that shocked 13-year old me. Fear, The Big Hit, Three Kings, Pain & Gain, Ted 1 & Ted 2, and Four Brotbers are the Marky Mark films I remember. I also am one of the few who really liked 2 Guns.

12 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Yet some people here are still saying SP is going to have bad WoM and no legs... ;)

I don't think WOM will be bad, but we have to see how much of the audience going this weekend is a niche one. Don't think we can say for sure yet it's having big GA appeal.