cannastop

Zootopia 2 | November 26, 2025

Jason Bateman says that he hasn't been approached about a Zootopia sequel.

http://collider.com/jason-bateman-interview-ozark-season-2-arrested-development-season-5#zootopia-2

My favorite film of last year was Zootopia, and since it seems like there’s still so much to explore in that world, it seems like a sequel would be a no-brainer. Have you heard anything about the possibility of a sequel?

BATEMAN: I haven’t. I’ve seen a couple of things online about people talking about it and chatting about putting it together, but I don’t know how real it is. I certainly haven’t been approached in any official way. I don’t think the financial performance of it, or even the critical performance of it, would make that a fait accompli since they’re so good at what they do over there. It’s no accident that the majority of their films are really well received, critically and commercially. We’ll see. I certainly would love to have another wack at doing some voice work ‘cause I don’t know what the hell I’m doing there.

Probably going to be a long, long time before a sequel happens, if it happens. The earliest possible start time is after Wreck-It Ralph 2.

8 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I've heard about that. I'm still a bit skeptical, because Jason Bateman said this in an interview:

My favorite film of last year was Zootopia, and since it seems like there’s still so much to explore in that world, it seems like a sequel would be a no-brainer. Have you heard anything about the possibility of a sequel?

BATEMAN: I haven’t. I’ve seen a couple of things online about people talking about it and chatting about putting it together, but I don’t know how real it is. I certainly haven’t been approached in any official way.

http://collider.com/jason-bateman-interview-ozark-season-2-arrested-development-season-5/#zootopia-2

32 minutes ago, cannastop said:

If it's not announced at D23 this year, shut everything down.

Even if they don’t go with another movie, Hopps and Wilde as full-blown buddy cops would make a good 2D series for Disney+. Furry Miami Vice for kids. Besides, we haven’t had a good cartoon cop procedural since Bonkers, so we’re overdue.

Edited by TServo2049

5 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

Even if they don’t go with another movie, Hopps and Wilde as full-blown buddy cops would make a good 2D series for Disney+. Furry Miami Vice for kids. Besides, we haven’t had a good cartoon cop procedural since Bonkers, so we’re overdue.

But then they wouldn't get their China bux.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

A sequel should happen one day but I don’t think I will be anytime soon 

Rich Moore left WDAS, but Byron Howard, Josie Trinidad, and I think Jim Reardon are still there. I think Byron Howard is busy with something else but maybe that got cancelled after Lasseter got shitcanned.

A bigger gap than Incredibles 2?

Edited by cannastop

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

Rich Moore left WDAS, but Byron Howard, Josie Trinidad, and I think Jim Reardon are still there. I think Byron Howard is busy with something else but maybe that got cancelled after Lasseter got shitcanned.

A bigger gap than Incredibles 2?

well tbh I want to see that musical thing from Lin & Byron first. then he can go make sequels to this if he has great story for them. Zootopia is his baby as far as I understand.

2 hours ago, InVy said:

well tbh I want to see that musical thing from Lin & Byron first. then he can go make sequels to this if he has great story for them. Zootopia is his baby as far as I understand.

I wouldn't mind if they did it without Byron, assuming Josie Trinidad and Jim Reardon were involved.

DMV sloths were Reardon's baby btw.