Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

7 hours ago, Rman823 said:

So can Don't Breathe get over 60 M ?

This is pretty much locked, IMO. Horror is having great legs this year, even the terrible Possession released in the same date got a 2.7x, I don't see any reason to DB fall below 3.0x, I'm actually expecting it to surpass The Purge 3 as the second biggest horror of year.

• Like 1

Don't Breathe breaking out just make me even more curious about the potential of Blair Witch, nostalgia usually is a strong weapon when comes to horror movies, then you add glowing reviews, and a year where the genre is catching fire and you have the perfect mix for a huge break out. The buzz is really high at this point, it wouldn't surprise me an opening above TC2.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

B+ is like an A+ for a horror movie, lol. This is going to have a 3.0x multiple, I'm sure.

I know that it is an unpopular opinion, but I think that the Evil Dead remake is better than the original.

Me too. 

I disagree about the 3x multiple though. Not with September weekdays. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Me too. 

I disagree about the 3x multiple though. Not with September weekdays. 

Yeah, I know that it's not easy to achieve a good multiple without summer weekdays, but it's not impossible. The Boy and The Witch got a 3.4x and a 2.9x this February, for example, yeah, I know that TB had an OW deflated by the storm, still, it had good drops during it's whole run. Don't Breathe also has Labor Day next week to have a softer drop.

Great year for horror. The Witch is still the best of the lot, but Lights Out, Conjuring 2 and Don't Breath are all hits with great reviews. Purge 3 is a success too. Shallows had a nice run as well. Blair Witch will hit 100m.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

$60M+ total is definitely on the table for Don't Breathe. Good start. Mechanic 2 is soft as expected. Decent start for Southside with You. Unsurprisingly poor for Hands of Stone.

Mech is soft but there were 3-4m OW predictions floating around before Friday. So 3m Friday for 7 weekend, and LD weekend coming up, maybe 20 dom is ok..

actually it sucks. but better than 3-4 ow predictions earlier in the week that would have given it a 11m odd dom. Mech1 itself only did 29m dom.

edit: nvm...fri is 2.55 i see. yeah it's bad.

Edited by a2knet

We need to remember not to be spoiled by the recent legs the horror films have shown. Summer weekdays played a major part. 

But yeh, Don't Breathe should go over $50m.

I think The Witch is the worst of the horrors released this year. I thought it was too overhyped. I haven't seen The Forest though, I'm not interested.